Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this Eickhorn Unground Rohm Dedication Dagger Real or Fake?

Article about: Recently while cleaning out my grandmother's basement, we found a dagger that my father remembered buying at a garage sale "from a crazy old german guy down the street" 35+ years a

Default Is this Eickhorn Unground Rohm Dedication Dagger Real or Fake?

Recently while cleaning out my grandmother's basement, we found a dagger that my father remembered buying at a garage sale "from a crazy old german guy down the street" 35+ years ago. After the time and location of the story seemed to validate this dagger as legitimate, I decided to do some research.
    I soon realized that this was an Eickhorn Rohm dedication dagger. However I soon realized that I may have a bit of a gem on my hands considering that this dagger still had the Rohm dedication intact, as most daggers had it ground off. However after some further review I realized that there is a possibility this may be a fake due to the Eickhorn logo and the RZM seal.
    Can any of you with experience with this dagger offer any advice on the topic? Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Eickhorn Unground Rohm Dedication Dagger Real or Fake?   Is this Eickhorn Unground Rohm Dedication Dagger Real or Fake?  

Is this Eickhorn Unground Rohm Dedication Dagger Real or Fake?   Is this Eickhorn Unground Rohm Dedication Dagger Real or Fake?  

Is this Eickhorn Unground Rohm Dedication Dagger Real or Fake?   Is this Eickhorn Unground Rohm Dedication Dagger Real or Fake?  

Is this Eickhorn Unground Rohm Dedication Dagger Real or Fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this Eickhorn Unground Rohm Dedication Dagger Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Is this Eickhorn Unground Rohm Dedication Dagger Real or Fake?

Sorry to say that your second thought was right - fake Rohm
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Damn, well thanks anyways.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

You have already done some of your homework (well done ) and you have sadly picked up upon the one big problem here, the fact is is transitional dual makermarked/rzm marked blade. These would never display a Rohm dedication, as they did not appear until Rohm was long dead...

An original dagger but with an added bogus dedication.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for that. Also, would this dagger even have any value, or is the fake dedication pretty much a deal breaker? Just wondering because this has no significant value to my family, nor do we collect relics, so would it even be possible to sell to someone who does? Or is this pretty much worthless?

It still has a value. But the idiot who added the fake dedication really killed it.

Some people would buy it for parts. All have a value bar the blade.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks again!