Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ernst Erich Witte - Kroneck Dagger identification help?

Article about: Hello all! I found this knife and have had trouble identifying it. It is nothing like any of the other Kroneck knives I have seen online. I'd appreciate any help!

Default Ernst Erich Witte - Kroneck Dagger identification help?

Hello all!

I found this knife and have had trouble identifying it. It is nothing like any of the other Kroneck knives I have seen online. I'd appreciate any help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ernst Erich Witte - Kroneck Dagger identification help?   Ernst Erich Witte - Kroneck Dagger identification help?  

Ernst Erich Witte - Kroneck Dagger identification help?   Ernst Erich Witte - Kroneck Dagger identification help?  

Ernst Erich Witte - Kroneck Dagger identification help?   Ernst Erich Witte - Kroneck Dagger identification help?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ernst Erich Witte - Kroneck Dagger identification help?
    P
    Many

?

Looks like a beatup SA Dagger that someone rigged up a handle as probably the original was gone to time-
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Okay thanks! Any idea how much it'd be worth like this or the best way to sell it?

?

Quote by TNKnifeStore View Post
    Okay thanks! Any idea how much it'd be worth like this or the best way to sell it?
    Welcome to the forum! Glad you are here. Value is something we try not to opine or assess here. It really is what you and a buyer can come to terms with. It is an authentic rough blade and aged crossguards on this piece as Horst opines to. It is a conversation piece that is different. Who knows when or how cobbled together. Glad you posted it. It has a story and who knows when it was created in its state but I like the age even though it is not in its prior dress dagger SA state. Personally I would not sell it and hang onto it. Story wise who knows where it has been. That is worth hanging onto versus the $50-$100- $150 someone might pay for it someday.

Be well, Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Blade is authentic early 1st type logo by Ernst Witte...crossguards are authentic..but never belonged to this producer as Ernst Witte has been found soley with a "P" Pomerania SA gruppe mark.

The grip someone made in their garage.
    The blade is worn and in not so good condition...yet i have always liked the script style of the SA motto. Its Unique in ts own way.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill