Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Estate sale SA dagger for review

Article about: Another item we found today at the estate sale of a ww2 vet who had passed away. Brother in law jumped and bought this one. I'm interested in all opinions so I can pass this knowledge to my

Default Estate sale SA dagger for review

Another item we found today at the estate sale of a ww2 vet who had passed away. Brother in law jumped and bought this one. I'm interested in all opinions so I can pass this knowledge to my family member who bought it. Thanks to Rossi once again for being wingman...

@Rossi.. Feel free to fill in the blanks of any particular questions we had earlier..
    Estate sale SA dagger for reviewEstate sale SA dagger for reviewEstate sale SA dagger for reviewEstate sale SA dagger for reviewEstate sale SA dagger for reviewEstate sale SA dagger for reviewEstate sale SA dagger for reviewEstate sale SA dagger for reviewEstate sale SA dagger for review
    Estate sale SA dagger for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Estate sale SA dagger for review
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks like a nice score! I'll let the experts tell me if I'm incorrect, but I don't see anything wrong with it. Looks like the nut hasn't been touched. Nice patina and good condition earlier piece.

Surprised you didn't try to tell him it was a fake and then go back and buy it. That's what I would have done.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Map I bought the model 1907 dreyse pistol. I was out of money..

MAP
    ?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Map I bought the model 1907 dreyse pistol. I was out of money..
    I'd take the pistol too.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I'm sure if Kirk was your wingman he would not have let you burned

Semper Fi
    Phil

No he wouldn't. He was concentrating on it like a Chinese algebra equation. But he did want second opinions.

?

The only issue was the dagger blade will not go completely into scabbard and is binding up short of final insertion. Seller said at one point it fit snug and clicked nicely when closed. I am not sure what to make of that unless there is a runner issue internally some how inside scabbard. This vet was a former airman in WWII. Darren were you going to post his Dog Tags as well? For the price it was a worth the money we felt.

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    No he wouldn't. He was concentrating on it like a Chinese algebra equation. But he did want second opinions.
    Tougher when it's not your money too. We even called Larry C on the #8 inspection mark on the guard. Dagger was untouched, unmessed with and blade was uncleaned with nice cross grain and beautiful etched blade. it would not have been there long as other WWII collectors were around us like bees to the hive.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Missed out on the k98 by just a few minutes.. That was a kick in the teeth.

?

Somebody is either going to have to pull the runners out or use an air compressor and blow it in the scabbard and see if some gunk falls out. or turn it upside down and start tapping lightly and see if some thing comes loose.
    Just a thought.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast