Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

F. Dick SA Dagger Partial Ground Rohm for Review

Article about: Thanks again to everyone that helped with this dagger. I came close to buying it, but the bid got just outside of my budget. That seems to be the story of my life. Thanks, Robert

Default F. Dick SA Dagger Partial Ground Rohm for Review

I wanted to see if what you guys thought about this dagger and if you guys think the inscription on the blade is good. I have a feeling the dagger is period one and the rohm dedication may not be? I have heard of people taking SA and adding the dedication to try to up the value and push it off on a unsuspecting collector. The guy that is selling the dagger took it apart and put the blade on backwards as you can see in one of the photos, it really bothers me. Thanks for your help. Thanks, Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture F. Dick SA Dagger Partial Ground Rohm for Review   F. Dick SA Dagger Partial Ground Rohm for Review  

F. Dick SA Dagger Partial Ground Rohm for Review   F. Dick SA Dagger Partial Ground Rohm for Review  

F. Dick SA Dagger Partial Ground Rohm for Review   F. Dick SA Dagger Partial Ground Rohm for Review  

Attached Images Attached Images F. Dick SA Dagger Partial Ground Rohm for Review 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement F. Dick SA Dagger Partial Ground Rohm for Review
    P
    Many

?

Default re: F. Dick SA Dagger Partial Ground Rohm for Review

An SA dagger in very good condition.

You actually took that apart!
    Ive so far not been brave enough to try to take my SA dagger apart.
    I thought to do so, to alleviate stress on the handle. The wood has some cracks.
    Ive been advised to both do it and not to do it.

Any close-ups of the 'sash' and the hanger arrangement thing.
    Ive not seen those before. Were they common or is that a one off?
    Looks like its made of suspender material and meant to be worn under a uniform tunic with the hanger poking out through a hole in the pocket?

The basic dagger itself is original. F Dick was a legitimate maker of Rohm daggers. SA-Gruppe Westfalen ordered 9700 of these daggers. However, the issue here is if the inscription is original or not? I hope more informed members than I can comment on this. But I have a feeling the motto on the front of the blade has been re coloured? It would be good to see pics taken in daylight which show the dedication and makers mark together.

The cloth under tunic belt is a standard item worn by the Heer and Luftwaffe etc and these can be found in various style by different makers. These are not rare. It would not have been used with an SA dagger.

The dagger is also place back to front in the scabbard. Grr.....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I'm not seeing any problems with the inscription.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

As Ade says - it has been re-coloured - front and back by the looks of it.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The basic dagger itself is original. F Dick was a legitimate maker of Rohm daggers. SA-Gruppe Westfalen ordered 9700 of these daggers. However, the issue here is if the inscription is original or not? I hope more informed members than I can comment on this. But I have a feeling the motto on the front of the blade has been re coloured? It would be good to see pics taken in daylight which show the dedication and makers mark together.

The cloth under tunic belt is a standard item worn by the Heer and Luftwaffe etc and these can be found in various style by different makers. These are not rare. It would not have been used with an SA dagger.

The dagger is also place back to front in the scabbard. Grr.....

Cheers, Ade.
    So it was worn like a belt rather than an over the shoulder thing under the tunic?

I never even thought about that being the method of carrying the dagger around. I just always figuered, that the hanger went through a hole in the tunic or coat and was fastened on the inside of said garments.
    Though on second thought, I guess that would have pulled down the side of the tunic or coat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I know how the back to front daggers annoy you!)

Hi TN collector although the inscription looks good ,, the orange yellow lighting in the first few photos are not. Can you show in normal lighting a close up of the Rohm name and the tang as there should be a certain marking on it. On second thought show the whole inscription under normal lighting. The grip does not show the characteristics of a true F. Dick grip,, which were always darker and with some amount of Laquer left. Like an Aesculap producers grip. The paper tag means nothing and does not add any value to it. Still a decent dagger but better photos would help with the inscription and tang marking. The logo is correct with a very rare close to the crossguard variant. The gruppe marking "Wf" is never seen on this maker mainly "Sw" Wm" and rare occasion "He" Crossguards might of been switched out at one time. The lower guard is on the thicker and larger side. These are my observations with this maker! Like I said still a decent dagger but IMO not a true F. Dick. A shot of the inside of the crossguard wont hurt for this early maker. Below is a photo of a commonly seen F.Dick Grip and crossguard. note the step process on the crossguard compared to the Rohm example. I also agree that the motto and inscription was darkened recently. Regards Larry

Also for "Scout" a photo of a Late NSKK with 3 pc marching hanger that is carried on the SA Manns belt.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture F. Dick SA Dagger Partial Ground Rohm for Review   F. Dick SA Dagger Partial Ground Rohm for Review  

Last edited by Larry C; 09-21-2012 at 11:46 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks. That set-up I do know. I have the leather strap on my dagger too, but just the first half - the strap attached to the scabbard. The rest often seems to be missing on daggers for some reason.
    Good pic BTW

Quote by Scout View Post
    An SA dagger in very good condition.

You actually took that apart!
    Ive so far not been brave enough to try to take my SA dagger apart.
    I thought to do so, to alleviate stress on the handle. The wood has some cracks.
    Ive been advised to both do it and not to do it.

Any close-ups of the 'sash' and the hanger arrangement thing.
    Ive not seen those before. Were they common or is that a one off?
    Looks like its made of suspender material and meant to be worn under a uniform tunic with the hanger poking out through a hole in the pocket?
    Thanks for your reply scout, it was not I that took the dagger apart but the seller, I do not have the dagger in hand. I would be afraid to take it apart if it was me in fear of the grip and everything else might not line up right ever again.

?

Yeah, i didnt have the cojones for doing it to my dagger either ....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast