Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fake SA Dienstdolch?

Article about: I have seen this dagger for sale, but have doubts. No Alles Fur Deutschland visible (probably not there?), eagle looks to be plated rather than soild nickel. Blade maker is Paul Wyersberg &a

Default re: Fake SA Dienstdolch?

Let's hope it's "the real deal"

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake SA Dienstdolch?
    P
    Many

?

Fake SA Dienstdolch?
    This is a pic of the other side of the blade. I can see some wear to the edge, but otherwise not too bad...what d you all think?

Hi Al, it could be improved with a careful polish going across the blade (not up and down the blade) with "Semi chrome" metal polish. This would remove a lot of the marks. Obviously it would never be perfect. But the price is good.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by alikat View Post
    Fake SA Dienstdolch?
    This is a pic of the other side of the blade. I can see some wear to the edge, but otherwise not too bad...what d you all think?
    Like the guys say Ali, its a cheap dagger you wont loose on it if you buy it, you know what you have not the best but also not the worst i would say at a very reasonable price,
    cheers Ronnie

?

It's on its way to me, thanks for the help on this. Do I use chrome polish to remove the verdigris on the nickel parts?

Hi Al, as forum readers will know, I am normally very conservative when it comes to messing with items. But in this case, it has been apart before and it does need to be cleaned.

First off to take this apart you need to use the correct sized spanner on the pommel nut and the correct screwdriver on the scabbard fittings. You can buy these from here:

http://www.johnsonreferencebooks.com...nce/index.html

Don't skimp on this as it is very easy to damage the fittings using the wrong sized tools.

I know we always go on about patina etc. But to just clean off the green verdigris alone would leave clean areas and the rest would look dirty in comparison. So I think in this case I would clean all the fittings with semi chrome. Being solid nickle this will be OK.

If you are very careful you can clean the grip eagle too. Don't get polish on the wood though. Use a cotton wool bud. The wood grip can be cleaned and polished with Rennaisance wax polish.

When putting the crossguards back on ensure the SA Gruppe mark is on the back, same side as the maker on the blade, but opposite to the grip eagle. DO NOT over tighten the pommel nut, "finger tight" is fine.

The whole dagger can then be protected with a museum quality wax, such as "Rennaisance wax".

Hope this helps?

Cheers, Ade.

?

Payment made today, so I am just waiting now. I will post some completed pics when I have gone through it. Thanks again for all the guidance, it's really appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2