Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Feldherrnhalle Dagger Erich Reiman

Article about: Yes Sir! That's my baby! Hi guys. Ted here from New Zealand. The other dagger next to Wiki's is mine. Just got it back to NZ.

?

Default Reiman Document

I thought I would add this important Feldherrnhalle Document singed by Eric Reiman. It is one of the most rare Feldherrnhalle Documents that has survived the war. I have added it to my collection and am happy to present it to the forum

- - ------- - -

Last edited by wiki; 01-31-2014 at 02:35 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldherrnhalle Dagger Erich Reiman
    P
    Many

?

Default feldherrnhalle Gorget requested by Scout

Feldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich Reiman

So in post 64 Scout made a comment that a Feldherrnhalle Gorget might be a good addition to the Reiman collection. I am pleased to present a minty presentation cased Feldherrnhalle Gorget. I don't know of another cased mint Gorget of this type.
    Enjoy
    Last edited by wiki; 06-09-2015 at 03:10 AM.

?

Surely thats the best looking gorget design of the period.

Very simplistic with no 'banner' or text.

Condition is unbelievable.

Any known history/background to this one, wiki?

Thanks for posting.

?

Scout- I thought you would like it. Best one I have seen- And in the original presentation case! As to history of the piece- I will have to do a little detective work
    Thanks for the comments
    B

?

I sure do.
    Look forward to the result of your research/detective work.
    Might you have any idea of how many of these are left in private collections/museums (cant be many as there would have been comparatively few of these as opposed to for example 'Kettenhunde' gorgets)?
    Last edited by Scout; 01-30-2014 at 08:33 PM.

This might of been an unissued example....which appears from a Munich based Insignia and badge makers Co.
    RZM1 / 87 comes back to Karoline Gahr Co.
    IMO possible left on the shelf and was never issued. Other FHH examples varied in minute details..in the eagle area and chain clips on the reverse side.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    This might of been an unissued example....which appears from a Munich based Insignia and badge makers Co.
    RZM1 / 87 comes back to Karoline Gahr Co.
    IMO possible left on the shelf and was never issued. Other FHH examples varied in minute details..in the eagle area and chain clips on the reverse side.
    Makes sense considering the immaculate condition.
    Why dont I stumble over a shelf like that!!

Great thread! Love the dagger!

This is a little off topic but did AH himself ever have a dagger? If so it must of been the best ever made and can only imagine the cost

?

Tailor marc- Good Question. There are pics of AH in Italy in 1938 wearing an Italian dagger- I don't know of any other references of him wearing a German dagger- But this is the place to find out!

As far as I've ever heard, he was presented with one from Mussolini in 1938 (the same one that was referenced above by wiki), but he never personally wore one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast