Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Feldherrnhalle Dagger Erich Reiman

Article about: Yes Sir! That's my baby! Hi guys. Ted here from New Zealand. The other dagger next to Wiki's is mine. Just got it back to NZ.

What is the grip material? Looks a little like plastic in these images.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldherrnhalle Dagger Erich Reiman
    P
    Many

The hangers look aged and used. The daggers itself looks 100% mint with not even the slightest dink or mark?

If it is genuine, the hangers and the dagger were paired up at some point imo.

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    What is the grip material? Looks a little like plastic in these images.
    Supposed to be either wood or bakelite. This one certainly looks more like the latter.

As for the pics, it would be great to see close-ups of the lines bordering the pebbled portions of the scabbard.
    In particular on the bottom part of the scabbard, as the lines on this scabbard is supposed to have a die error where the border on the panels dont quite meet in one corner due to the aforementioned die error.

Would be great to see close-ups of all text as well.

The highest number encountered on a Feldherrnhalle dagger is 51 with less than half of that number of daggers known to be in circulation.

?

this dagger is internally numbered 11. the grip material is indeed bakelite. I do not have any absolute proof but the hangers are supposed to be original to the dagger due to the fact that they are of a more elaborate design rarely seen. Got to remember these hangers were manufactured in the 1930's and the material shows age more than the metal dagger. The dagger is not mint- has some age spots in the dagger itself and the scabbard has an early repair to the tip. I will add some extra shots of the flaw and some more shots of the text.

?

Default Requested pics

Feldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich Reiman

Here are some of the best shots that I have currently to show some of the requested shots. You can click on the shot to enlarge it and get a better view. I will work on the chain of events that brought thisdagger to my possession- but that will take a little time. enjoy

Wittman talking about what to look for regarding buying a original feldherrenhalle dagger at the sos

Wittmann Antique Militaria Show Journal - OVMS Show of Shows 2012 - YouTube

Wiki can I see the number please, im not happy with the scabbard in the slightest.

regards matty

?

Default more pics

Feldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich Reiman

you guys are keeping me busy.It was overcast today so I attempted to get some flat light light shots also tried a black backdrop. These shots will show the requested shots on the dagger .You will note that I broke down the dagger to show the internal numbering(11). You can see that it is clearly marked on all of the componets. Also you will see the flaw in the scabbard as well as the damage to the handle and scabbard. I think that the true color of the dagger is better in these shots but you let me know.

Much better pics.

Nice to see the die flaw in the scabbard lines.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

There should be a flaw either side not one sided ?

So where did this come from Wiki ?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast