Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Feldherrnhalle Dagger Erich Reiman

Article about: Yes Sir! That's my baby! Hi guys. Ted here from New Zealand. The other dagger next to Wiki's is mine. Just got it back to NZ.

On one side is my understanding.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldherrnhalle Dagger Erich Reiman
    P
    Many

Watch the video Adrian, 3.35 wittman say's " you can see where these two lines doesn't connect".

Matty

hi Matty, yes that is right. But this refers to the lines on one side of the design. By that I mean you have two lines running down the length of the scabbard. They fail to meet only at one corner, not at both. The flaw is repeated on both sides of the scabbard. Easier to point out in hand than to talk about it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Sorry Ade, I cant agree fella. They fail to meet at both.

Very best matty

Hi Matty, I have never handled one of these, so if that is the case, then I have mis interpreted what was said.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Matty- Got to step in here - The dagger lines on a felderrnhalle dagger scabbard only fail to meet on one side of the scabbard. The right side if you are holding the scabbard with the hangers attached to the right. I am looking right at it! Hope that clears it up---
    B

Forgetting about the lines can we see the 'hand pebbling' wittman describes please?

I'd like to see that pebbling myself as well.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Default feldherrnhalle

Matty- I have looked at my scabbard with a glass and can barely see what might be construed as hand pebbling. However- there is no way with my limited photography skills could I convey that shot in this forum. As Whitman stated these daggers were one off -meaning that they were individually constructed and no two are exactly the same. And that follows with the hand pebbling.

I've borrowed these 3 photo's from the internet to help people reading this thread to visualize what is being talked about as "lines not meeting" and "hand applied pebbling".

Feldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich Reiman
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast