Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Feldherrnhalle Dagger Erich Reiman

Article about: Yes Sir! That's my baby! Hi guys. Ted here from New Zealand. The other dagger next to Wiki's is mine. Just got it back to NZ.

Thanks William. That illustrates what I was trying to say re the lines die flaw. One side only.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldherrnhalle Dagger Erich Reiman
    P
    Many

thankyou wagriff, this is exactly what im looking for,

all the best matty

OK: we are now all singing from the same song sheet. So we can agree now re the flaw via my quality illustration.

A picture speaks a thousand words etc....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldherrnhalle Dagger Erich Reiman  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The song sheets out, now lets all have a butchers and come to the same conclusion.

No period photos exist that I am aware of with Erich Reiman showing him wearing the Feldhernhalle dagger. Period photos do exist of Reiman separately presenting Lutze and Goring while Reiman is wearing an SA dagger...or a High Leaders SA dagger. These are featured with enlarged photos in Tom Johnsons photographic reference..pgs 340-344.

One such caption pg 343;......."A formal ceremony surrounded the presentation of an SA Feldherrenhalle dagger to Goring. The leader of the Standarte Feldherrenhalle Gruppen Fuhrer Erich Reiman is shown making the presentation on January 12 1937.

Surrounding officers in these photos also show feldherrenhalle cuff titles along with standard SA daggers. It is my opinion that high leaders of this status would of worn High leader SA daggers...with Oakleaf adorned fittings.
    Reiman is seen in both occasions presenting both Feldherenhalle daggers..and Lutze example in Gold..which currently resides in a private collection.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The number markings on this piece are on the odd side. The "11" is separated into 2 digits and roughly applied-which is probably okey -although some people think that they look to be Cast into the guards rather than stamped, but the "79" marking is even more mysterious.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I think a big thank you is owed to the thread creator as he has been quite willing when most wouldn't, especially with such a item, to supply us with whatever we've requested; thank you, sir. I'm looking forward to a conclusion, and hoping it's a positive one. Like Ade said, it is good to see the die flaw on your example. Other than that, I am at a loss as I've never had the pleasure to hold one of these in my hands.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 02-09-2015 at 11:30 AM.

?

Well, what can I say...Kiwi, except your FHH looks very familiar to me. It's a killer piece IMO, I see nothing 'wrong' with it. There's no reason to compare it with the one in Witty's video as that one had a steel scabbard (only one known). The details did not come out as well as hoped and the 'hand pebbling' was done in a few spots where the die did not exhibit well the pebbling.

I will let you tell the story on how this dagger was found, as it's your story to tell. I saw it in it's original burnt state. A awesome artifact. I kind of wish it wasn't restored as it told a story by itself in that state. however with the kind of money involved, I'm not surprised.
    The poster who said that hanger was not original to the dagger is correct. The original was burned and only the clips remained. They did a nice restoration job on the grip and the blade.
    BTW, I was the owner of the example Witty showed in his clip.

-CONGRATULATIONS ! ! !

....and thanks for showing it here for us. Don't mind some of the probing questions as most collectors have never handled one of these mysterious rare daggers. For the few made there were 3 different metal materials used on the scabbards, 3 different matl's for grips, at least two types of blades, two types of pommels...and the list goes on. AND 99.5% of the ones ever shown are fakes....you just showed that .5%....a authentic Feldherrnhalle dagger that was presented to who it says it was. Now THAT you don't see every week.

hi Wagner,
    with the dagger on wittmans video the 'other guy' said it was number 2. Well just before that wittman said it was a late pot metal type. Well getting to the point, if there were roughly 50 made in total, wouldn't you think the number would be a high figure like in its 40's instead of number 2? Almost like they they knew the amount to produce and worked the numbers backwards?

All the best matty

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Along with great daggers and swords...there is always a history that follows. One being the liberation of the GI..and the trail it created..to the present acquisition. A great example is the liberation of the "Sepp Dietrich" honor sword given to him by his men and a history trail that followed.

A History trail would be beneficial to this thread. Regards Larry
    This thread has gone 5 pages and now we are finding out it has been in a fire?...as I quoted above..and I speak for the rest of the forum..can we hear about a trail of when it was liberated....the fire..and how it ended up in your hands? Hearing information 2nd hand this late in the discussion..kind of leaves doubt about the dagger.

So Now..I dont want to hear that this dagger belonged to Erich Reiman...5 pgs went by describing the dagger with details of other FHH types. Lets hear the history now as I earlier requested above in post #10 and how this dagger came to be in a fire and into your hands. Please post any other information not mentioned yet.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast