Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Feldherrnhalle Dagger Erich Reiman

Article about: Yes Sir! That's my baby! Hi guys. Ted here from New Zealand. The other dagger next to Wiki's is mine. Just got it back to NZ.

?

Default Feldherrnhalle Dagger Erich Reiman

Feldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich Reiman

Here is a treat-- Feldherrenhalle Dagger for review- don't see this very often! This is the only inscribed feldherrenhalle to a german officer other than Lutze. Reimann was the Gruppenfuhrer for the FHH,presented the FHH dagger to the Herman Goring in 1938. It's a privilege to own this piece of history.
    Last edited by wiki; 04-09-2015 at 01:43 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldherrnhalle Dagger Erich Reiman
    P
    Many

I do not collect daggers, but if I did, a FHH dagger would be at the top of my list....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Indeed.

Hello Wiki,,welcome to the forum. For sure Erich Reiman was up there in the high leader status...and we have seen a handful of these daggers come through here and a few other sites. I do have a request for more photos. The fittings are known to be a rose gold color..which can not be detected in the photos you provided. Clearly for the viewer to identify such a High leaders dagger ..it would be impossible..to study the details in the present lighting..and the flash used. Indirect lighting or an overcast day would be best.
    Also a producers logo would be good to see and reverse side photos. The Red background is wreaking havoc on the detail along with the standard in house light bulbs being used..which always give off a yellow hue.

On this forum the members here like to study the details of all daggers and swords and if available the opportunity of the beholder of the dagger or sword to provide a few more pics for our data base here. It would be a great honor if you may indulge us in a few more photos mainly of the grip fittings.
    Forgive my skepticism also as these daggers are highly reproduced.

and lastly...how and where have you acquired this one of a kind dagger? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

What Larry said.

If the inscription on the blade is 'Feldherrenhalle' (two 'e's in 'herren'), as wiki has written in the title, that will also be an indication of whether or not the dagger is real or not.

Its 'Feldherrnhalle.'

But as mentioned by others, more and better close-ups in natural light is needed.

If I interpret the dagger litterature on the web correctly, there was at one time a cabal of fakers intent on faking these.

For some reason some of the forums and fakers, promoting amongst other items these daggers, seems to have a following.

One needs to visit this forum for a voice of reason in the dark and some valuable info from competent and knowledgeable collectors/persons with a genuine interest in history versus the quick buck no matter the means.

I once saw one of these back in the 70s,the blade had been damaged to hide a mistake in the inscription.no names no pack drill.

Well, mint standard Feldherrnhalle's are going for $65000, mint hangers on top are another $8000 this ones etched so whats it worth $100k ?

Cant comment myself on the dagger, but the hangers look original to me just frightening money.

?

Default Promised Pics

Feldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich ReimanFeldherrnhalle Dagger Erich Reiman

Here are some other pictures of this historic dagger. Please forgive my lack of photographic skills

If it's genuine, that was one Hell of a Christmas present in 1937...

Would it be possible to see some photos of the sheath-especially the pebbled panels near the tip and up near the throat and fittings?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Along with great daggers and swords...there is always a history that follows. One being the liberation of the GI..and the trail it created..to the present acquisition. A great example is the liberation of the "Sepp Dietrich" honor sword given to him by his men and a history trail that followed.

A History trail would be beneficial to this thread. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast