Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

First SA Dagger

Article about: Nicely conditioned dagger Popcorn,, this one must of slipped through the cracks as it has avoided the dreaded RZM stamping of the transitional phase. We see sometimes Early SA daggers with n

Default Re: First SA Dagger

Nicely conditioned dagger Popcorn,, this one must of slipped through the cracks as it has avoided the dreaded RZM stamping of the transitional phase. We see sometimes Early SA daggers with nickel crossguards with no gruppe mark,, possibly an oversight IMO by the stamper or Quality control. This one is no exception as oversights do happen in the quality control process...then and Now! ...special note also is the fact that The beginning of the transitional period started in 1934 as we see some SS daggers ( 120/34 & 121/34) were on the front of the line before the RZM became into full swing. IMO Popcorn you have a rarity...or there is always the possibility the guards were damaged at some point in time and was sent back for a professional "refit" during the period,, using a newer version guard and a great tight fit!! Still,, it was there during the early struggle period,, great piece of History for your first SA regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Thanks Larry. I am very happy to own it. I'm wondering if anyone has seen similar period daggers assembled like this? I read that a long time ago ground Rohm daggers were concidered damaged and not worth much until it was discovered why they were ground. I hope this is a transitional that slipped by the RZM or was made just before the RZM came into the game but ofcourse I can't be sure. Either way Paul sold it for what I consider a very reasonable price.

Hello again. I noticed something interesting. The top of the tang nut also matches the patina on the guard underneath it and it appears to be nickel plated as well(same spotting as the guard). Everything on this dagger looks like it matches and fits. I think Paul's assessment is bang on about this being a transitional(he did say he wasn't 100% sure but that's he thinks it is).

You will notice these little subtleties every time you pick it up sometimes even after a long period of time you see something new. Like a Multi faceted diamond!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

got this one in 60 when they were $25 , it has my boss name on it " Fred Becker.. he wanted it but i still have it today

Hi Colt,, this is a great maker to have,, that doesnt come around too much. Very nice crossguard to grip fit

Man that is nice!!! $25??? what an investment!!!

That's the truth. I'm so glad I passed up a repro SS and grabbed this. It means so much more the workmanship and history behind these items. To have a piece of history from a party that doesn't exist anymore but greatly influenced the 20th century is hard to put into words. Now the delima, save up for a SS Dagger or go for an early and RZM SA Dagger first? Well I won't have to worry for a while. The buzz from my first dagger isn't close to wearing off.(I don't know if it ever will)

?

The first SA was special to me!
    This Sa Werth was my first one, still regret that i sold it....
    but this Axe und Hauerfabrik is great too

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0254.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	388957Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0259.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	388958Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0263.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	388959Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0265.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	388960Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SA dolk 006.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	162.5 KB 
ID:	388961Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SA dolk 007.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	241.1 KB 
ID:	388962Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SA dolk 008.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	221.9 KB 
ID:	388963Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SA dolk 009.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	168.8 KB 
ID:	388964

?

gerrit,

Your early SA dagger buy A.Werth is a beauty

Regards Mac 66.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast