Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

First SA Dagger

Article about: Nicely conditioned dagger Popcorn,, this one must of slipped through the cracks as it has avoided the dreaded RZM stamping of the transitional phase. We see sometimes Early SA daggers with n

Default First SA Dagger

First SA DaggerHello all! Just got my first SA Dagger and love it! I used the pics from Lakeside Traders site with Paul's permission while my camera is down. Strange dagger this one. It has an early period blade and scabbard, Nickel eagle in the handel but plated cross gaurds. I know what your thinking, parts dagger right? Well, the cross guard to blade fit is tight with no gap and the scabbard also fits snug with no gaps an has matching patina. Paul thinks it was likely made when plated cross guards were starting to faze out solid nickel. Anyone seen other examples like it? Maybe an early transitional? Let me know what you guys think.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First SA Dagger
    P
    Many

Default Re: First SA Dagger

Nice dagger Popcorn and this dagger would make for a great topic of discussion. If you can ,, please try to take some of your own pics maybe with another camera. Puma is a reliable maker. This might be the beginning of the transitional period before the RZM got their hands on it. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Attachment 374174Attachment 374175Attachment 374176Attachment 374177Attachment 374178Attachment 374179Hi. Borrowed a camera and took some pictures. I'm really digging this dagger!!!

Sorry mate, can't see any pics.

Weird. I can see them when I click on the attachments. I'll try to reupload them later, off to work. Thanks for letting me know.

Attachment 374567Attachment 374568Attachment 374569Attachment 374570Attachment 374571Attachment 374572 Tried posting the pics again. Hope it works this time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First SA Dagger  

I saw the attachments this morning also,, and I will help you through this to get these posted again. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

First SA DaggerFirst SA DaggerFirst SA DaggerFirst SA DaggerFirst SA DaggerFirst SA Dagger Hi. Tried uploading the pics again. Hope this works.

I can see the pics now, you've gotta be happy with that! What a great SA dagger and you certainly bought it from the right place, Paul's reputation is well deserved. Really nice mate, I hope to show one myself very soon, nice pickup!

Thank you. Paul was great. He ships fast and responds to inquiries almost immediately. If you get the chance grab one. I've had it for over a week now and I'm still like a kid at Christmas!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast