Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

full rohm dagger..original??

Article about: hi all...i know that's quite impossible to give an opinion of autenticity on these horrible pics(are photos taken from a pc screen) but i ll try... the dedication seem lower from the middle

Default full rohm dagger..original??

hi all...i know that's quite impossible to give an opinion of autenticity on these horrible pics(are photos taken from a pc screen) but i ll try... the dedication seem lower from the middle crest of the blade but i saw on wittmann's book that's not so unusual on eickhorn daggers...what do you think??
    best regards luca: O
    full rohm dagger..original??full rohm dagger..original??full rohm dagger..original??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture full rohm dagger..original??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement full rohm dagger..original??
    P
    Many

Hi Luca and welcome to the forum....you are right!!...it would be hard to give a good opinion on this dagger. Without closeups of the motto and inscription..an opinion can not be given to support unclear photos. Eickhorn and Ernst Pack & Sohn..are 2 of the mostly highly faked Rohm daggers out on the market. Whether this may be one of them..I do not know...but if you can provide a few more photos it would be helpful. Inscriptions and mottos vary in position..but nothing to the extreme. Where is this photo from? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Indeed..Larry is right. Be careful with these, especially if the seller is named " Pavel Novak".

Just an observation...I know grip woods shrink a bit..but the fit to the crossguard is not all that great...for it to being a presentation example,,,this points to the gruppe mark "No".. as it is not on my Rohm gruppe marks list......JMO. Just thinking out loud. Will wait for better photos
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

it comes from an auction of herman historica...is without scabbard and with certification(for the value that can have) unfortunately is not possible to download pics but only enlarge witha virtual magnification lens...thanks for giving me the first red flags

Not a matter of red flags....but just thoughts and key points that need to be viewed and thought upon. "Not all that Glitters is Gold" no matter where it comes from. Larry

you're right larry,...i'm a beginner and i ask to people that expert are...i can be captived too easily from these...beauties)

larry..i saw your interesting post on groupsmarks of rohm daggers..."No" Nordmark is present in the list with around 4800 daggers issued

Quote by lucabrnroma View Post
    larry..i saw your interesting post on groupsmarks of rohm daggers..."No" Nordmark is present in the list with around 4800 daggers issued
    I should of been more detailed in my answer.......what I should of said...this (( MAKER )) does not appear on my Rohm list being distributed to the "No" Nordsee district...........Eickhorn distributed "Rohm" daggers to the following districts....B;BO;Fr; He;Ho;Nrh;Ns;Om;Sw;Wf;Wm.
    which is the reason why I made my comment,,concerning the poor fit of the lower crossguard to the grip. ............sorry about that

But there always is a possibility for "No" to appear on a Rohm dagger as only one example had been found that were marked for Eickhorn internally...but in this case...Im skeptical because of the poor fit.

Other Non Rohm makers who distributed to the "No" district are...

Bontgen & Sabin
    Hammesfahr & Cie
    Rudolf Jacobs
    Kaufmann & Sohn
    CF Kayser
    Friedrich Kohlen
    Kupper & Oertling
    Puma
    Pfeilringwerk
    Julius Ohliger
    Daniel Peres
    Hugo Rader
    Cuno Remschied
    CD Schaaff
    Spitzer
    Adolf Volker
    Wilhelm Weltersbach
    Wester & Butz
    Max Weyersburg
    Paul Weyersburg
    Reinhard Weyersburg
    Anton Wingen

The 4600 daggers you specified could fall within these makers...but it is not necessary at this time to research every maker as I feel I have dumped enough on you now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast