Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Full Rohm Sa dagger...some doubts

Article about: Hi all...i'd like to share my doubts on this Sa Full Rohm dagger...there's a heavy pitting on the blade nera the cross guard but no in the other parts of the blade...repolished or...regrinde

Default Full Rohm Sa dagger...some doubts

Hi all...i'd like to share my doubts on this Sa Full Rohm dagger...there's a heavy pitting on the blade nera the cross guard but no in the other parts of the blade...repolished or...regrinded??
    Still waiting for new and closer pics of the dagger
    Many thanks
    Full Rohm Sa dagger...some doubtsFull Rohm Sa dagger...some doubts
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Full Rohm Sa dagger...some doubts   Full Rohm Sa dagger...some doubts  

Full Rohm Sa dagger...some doubts   Full Rohm Sa dagger...some doubts  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Full Rohm Sa dagger...some doubts
    P
    Many

More picsFull Rohm Sa dagger...some doubtsFull Rohm Sa dagger...some doubts

Well..as it is seen in this photo..the dagger is apart which says alot already that this one is not a Virgin anymore. The photos are poor..and Im led to believe that the inscription is a recent application over a line of pitting circled in orange. The tang is scraped clean. Yet the guards and "Ho" gruppe mark are correct for this supposed Rohm blade. I cant figure out why there is so much pitting nearly obliterating the logo. The grip has some gap issues..and feel that this dagegr may be parts with a humped up blade. see photo below of the Horizontal pitting..that seems to be beneath the nicely frosted inscription.

A thread to read through that includes some Rohm text types June 30 1934 - Rohm inscription pattern

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Another post war etch.....Luca im amazed how you can dig up all these obscure blades!!
    Your most be looking into every *7^%hole that sells a blade LOL

I agree with Larry totally....postwar etch
    Look at the etch OVER the pitting, should be visa versa....

Cheers,
    Ger

I also agree with Larry-a put together dagger with Some genuine parts and a post-war applied etch on the blade. Not for my collection.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

thanks guys...i was quite sure that the etch was post...the blade was heavy repolished and it was impossible to find a so clear etch )