Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this a genuine dagger

Article about: i have recently received what i believe is genuine WWII SA dagger but i would like some expert opinions. if it is real what do you think it is worth? more pictures available upon request jus

navyboy
    ?

Default Is this a genuine dagger

i have recently received what i believe is genuine WWII SA dagger but i would like some expert opinions. if it is real what do you think it is worth? more pictures available upon request just let me know what you need to see
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a genuine dagger   Is this a genuine dagger  

Is this a genuine dagger  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Is this a genuine dagger

Dagger looks a good solid one by one of the more desirable makers M7/10 is for J. A. Henckels.

It would be a plated dagger, with a painted scabbard, and price would reflect the condition, including any shrinkage to the handle. But looking at the photos provided it looks promising.

SA daggers are going up in price, and I would price this to sell, not to buy, at approx £350-£400. But it does depend on a lot of factors, and without seeing detailed pictures of the blade, scabbard ect ect it is only a ball park figure

hope this helps

navyboy
    ?

the handle has some to a lot of play along with three decent size chips. the blade has some wear for the scabbard along with a little oxidation. t the blade and scabbard fit pretty nicely together. the painted scabbard has some scuffs but is pretty good for the age. the leather strap is pretty worked and has a marking rzm m5/71.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a genuine dagger   Is this a genuine dagger  

Is this a genuine dagger   Is this a genuine dagger  

It is certainly original. Pity about the damage to the grip, but having the strap is a little bonus.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi navyboy and welcome to the forum that`s a shame obout the chips off the grip , but as the other boy`s say , it`s authentic !

cheers Al

?

wood fill.... LOOKS GREAT!

Welcome navyboy,
    Nice dagger,
    navyman !

I did not see the chips before, and that will reflect in the price. I'd be happy to pay the max of £200, but sell for a ton? No, £255, and take £240. Those that know me, know thats how I work that would be enough for me

If you don't believe me ask 85ronnies Ask him about that SA swallow tail, but not the dagger

I can back you up on that John a fair price i paid you on both the item's mentioned above and still own them both
    thanx M8

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast