Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?

Article about: Hello gentlemen, is there any chance to have a Ground Röhm here ? Overall it seems to be ok, i'm just not in love with the poor fits of the crossguards to the grip. Crossguards inside are ma

Default Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?

Hello gentlemen,

is there any chance to have a Ground Röhm here ?

Overall it seems to be ok, i'm just not in love with the poor fits of the crossguards to the grip.

Crossguards inside are marked HE. No Gruppe mark . I just notice a very small remaining of a small deep stamp under the lower guard.

Crossgrain is well visible. Maker mark well defined.

I can just see 4 remaining traces of a "possible" Röhm dedication, maybe some more but not that clear and deep.

I just took a sample from another blade and put it on my blade with photoshop, it seems to match.

Looking forward for your reviews,

A good weekend to all !

D.

Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?
    P
    Many

Default .

A few better quality pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?   Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?  

Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?   Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?  

Hi Leprechaun ...upper guard and grip are not Eickhorn which would explain the bad fit onto the lower grip that is an Eickhorn used guard.

The upper guard marked "NR" is a new one on me..and will research that a little further. No data as of now exists for that foundary.

The blade is an Eickhorn ground Rohm. The lower guard to the scabbard fits nicely. Upper guard and grip does not belong with an Eickhorn product.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry,

thank you very much for your review.

The upper guard is marked HE too, from the photo is not that clear. I'll post a better one.

Default .

other images.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?   Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?  

Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?   Good chance for a Ground Röhm ?  

Thankyou Leprechuan ....at a quick glance it looked like NR..I thankyou for the clarification.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi LEPRECHAUN, I am inclined to support all that Larry has said! To me, the blade looks like a nonprofessional removal of a genuine Rohm erased dedication. The hilt is IMO cobbled from probably original parts. The grip appears to have been varnished and I think that I can see a fingerprint pressed into that varnish. Not the best example of this scarce erased dagger but having said that, at the right price, I would probably have gone for it too.

My opinions, only opinions!!

Best wishes Michael R

PS You could have had your haircut before posing for the pictures!!

I thank you very very much for your reviews Michael and Larry !

You are more than welcome and if time permits, I will post a couple of photos of my Rohm erased for comparison for you.
    Cheers Michael

Hi LEPRECHAUN, As stated, my SA Rohm erased daggers. SA 259 is what I believe to be a professionally removed Rohm dedication. The dagger is by E Pack and Son and the area marking is "Nm" for Nordmark. SA 260 is what I believe to be a private removal or more a defacement of a Rohm dedication. The dagger is by E D Wusthof and the area marking is "Wf" for Westfalen. Hopefully, the deeper elements of the etching on this dagger will be comparable with those on yours. Should anyone wish to voice an opinion on these two items, please do so.

SA 259

SA 260

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast