Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Is this a good? real? SA Dienstdolch

Article about: Hi everyone, Im a new collector and am looking to purchase a SA Dagger and i have found this one, the bottom crossguard looks a bit dodgy? But as i said im a novice so your help would be muc

?

Quote by AussieNewbie View Post
    Hey Darren,

I havent imported from overseas yet, i got an SA dagger sent from WA to VIC after jumping through a few hoops to get a permit to own a Dagger,
    as i understand it mate you dont need a permit for bayonets in melbourne as long as the blade doesnt go all the way down to the handle.
    I was a bit sus about JB military antiques in Perth, so before i made the purchase i posted it here to confirm its authenticity.
    I have recived my SA Dagger and am very happy with it.
    Hope it helps mate, keep me in the loop if you import any edged weapons.
    As far as i know mate the only place you need a permit for edged weapons is Victoria, (the nanny state).

Thanks mate.
    Hey AussieNewbie,

I've been tempted to buy a couple of things from JB Military Antiques as well (there's an NCO sabre that I quite like the look of). They seem to have an ok reputation from what I've read.

Funnily enough, there's currently an SA Dagger on Gumtree (at Narre Warren) that I've requested photos of, but haven't heard back from the seller yet. The photos on Gumtree show it in a glass/perspex case, so there's a bit of reflection. Not sure what condition it's in, but it has a price of $500 (I'm in Brisbane so can't inspect it).

That's interesting about the Victorian laws and edged weapons. Queensland has some weird legislation as well, and it's sometimes difficult to find definitive answers (dead links on Gov websites, contradicting information etc).

I've bought some Dress Bayonets and bayonets online (within Australia) and haven't been pulled up yet, but I'm pretty sure they are allowed in QLD.

Do you collect anything else?

Cheers,
    Darren

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a good? real? SA Dienstdolch
    P
    Many

?

Hmmm - all three SA Daggers (one good one, one fake/parts one and one unknown one) all disappeared from Gumtree last night.

Sadly, I hesitated and lost out on the good one in Brisbane. :-(

Hey Darren,
    Yeah I collect all sorts of stuff, $500 seems a bit cheap. Was it an RZM?
    I had good dealings with Jb in Perth, but I was told some of his stuff was fake. I was going to buy a nazi infantry medal but after I posted it here I was told/shown that it was a cast.
    This forum is great for that, post any potential purchase before parting with your hard earned.
    I have a bunch of things from my great grand father whom fought in PNG, and I have a couple other little things I’ve collected along the way. But I’m hoping to get a Nazi railcart eagle, that’s the dream at the moment lol

?

Hey there,

Can't remember if it was RZM or not. I didn't get to see any close up pics, but my first thoughts are to think something is fake until proven otherwise, and I didn't get a response to my questions (plus it disappeared from Gumtree).

I'm a bit disappointed that the first SA Dagger I was interested in was sold, but that's on me - I took my time and lost out. ;-)

JB have a few SA Daggers for sale at the moment, including a ground Rohm, which I would love.

Do you get around to any of the militaria/antique shows around the place? I visited Toowoomba a couple of weeks back for a militaria fair, but was a bit disappointed. Lots of overpriced items, some questionable (in my opinion), but there were plenty of helmets available (again, overpriced and some questionable). Quite a bit of repro stuff as well, but repro items don't hold much of an interest for me.

Some pics of a previous fair had an MG42 and possibly an MG34 on display, but sadly, they weren't there this year.

My granddad fought in PNG as well, but sadly, I don't have anything from his war time experience (except copies of records).

I would love one of the rail cart eagles as well. With the aussie dollar as it is, plus GST now applicable on overseas purchases (thanks to a greedy Gov), buying stuff from overseas is more expensive then ever before, and I don't think there are too many rail cart eagles in AU.

I'd be interested in seeing your collection if you're up to posting up some pics (I understand if you don't as well).

I have a bayonet and two dress bayonets up on another site, but I want to get some better pics, so I'm playing around with building a light box "studio" so I can get some better pics.

Cheers,
    Darren

Hello Aussie and Cashdj

I love the camaraderie here which makes a solid foundation in communication and brotherhood amongst the collectors which I wholly support.
    It separates most other websites from the WRF.

My request is that this thread is beginning to lean away into a general conversation that might be best suited between the 2 of you via Pm or start a thread in the discussion forum. I encourage long threads as long as the main topic stays within focus of the dagger or daggers that may be related your dagger, accoutrements , producer or any history related to this SA dagger.

The SA sub forum , including the others are a library for others to study.
    I generally dont chime in on the original posters conversation as the thread belongs to him as he is the one who started it..but with respect to the community and the Administration ,.. dont let the too many post outweigh the original topic ..that may become unrelated.

Thankyou for your understanding and I want you guys and others to continue to build what makes this website so great.

Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hey Larry,

Excellent advice - will do. :-)

Cheers,
    Darren

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3