Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ground Rohm E. Pack SA Dagger

Article about: I took a bit of a gamble this week on ebay. This was shown without a grip and did not say it included a grip. It came today with a scabbard (with no paint) and a grip. There was quite a bit

Default Ground Rohm E. Pack SA Dagger

I took a bit of a gamble this week on ebay. This was shown without a grip and did not say it included a grip. It came today with a scabbard (with no paint) and a grip.

There was quite a bit of the Rohm inscription left and since I don't see myself dropping a lot of ching on an unground Rohm for a while this will due for now.

Ground Rohm E. Pack SA DaggerGround Rohm E. Pack SA DaggerGround Rohm E. Pack SA DaggerGround Rohm E. Pack SA DaggerGround Rohm E. Pack SA DaggerGround Rohm E. Pack SA DaggerGround Rohm E. Pack SA DaggerGround Rohm E. Pack SA DaggerGround Rohm E. Pack SA DaggerGround Rohm E. Pack SA Dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ground Rohm E. Pack SA Dagger
    P
    Many

Don't know who did the grind, but I suspect that the SA man did it himself with a bench grinder! Still a nice hunk of History, though! The grip is actually in great shape!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yeah, He didn't do a real careful job.

May be a parts dagger, top crossgaurd looks like the early nickle but bottom crossguard looks like its plated aluminum and missing a groupe marking which the early rohms should have from my limited knowledge, could just be the photo's. I am sure larry will break it down for us, you may be able to tell the maker from the handle, looks like a nice grain that the suhl producers made, most likely a backyard job since the maker mark is ground off also.

?

Hi Dutchman,

here my 2 cents: i thinks its a complete parts dagger, sad enough with a terrible blade, and i hope the price was right.
    Clear to see the tang nut is not virgin.
    The daggers lacks the early nickel gau marked guards, the grip itself propably aint a Pack either, the insert of the runebutton is placed to close to the top guard.
    The grip itself is in good shape with a high neck Eagle type.

Cheers,
    Ger

Hi Matt..since there was no grip that came with this dagger..what are the crossguard markings internally? The lower guard appears to be Ernst pack..the blade I can safely say is Ernst Pack & Sohn. Looking at whats left of the logo ( see below ) I see a foot and the top part of the hammer. The foot does not look right to me..but that cold be from the grind.

Interesting grip..I agree with Gerrit about the grip eagle is the high neck style and slightly rounded shoulders Pack uses....the grip wood itself is a little left to be desired...Strange grain good eagle.

I am curious though of the tang markings and Internal crossgaurd makings if you get a chance to post a few more photos. I agree also parts dagger. Below are the logo pics one from our file and your logo. Regards Larry

This is what Im seeing..or could the logo be something else? That why I want to see tang markings

Ground Rohm E. Pack SA Dagger Ground Rohm E. Pack SA Dagger
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I'm wondering if the "foot" seen is not the "S" of Solingen and the "hammer" the "E" of E.P. If so, the makers mark would have been somewhat to the right from the center of the blade ridge. The E and the S would line up correctly like what we are seeing on this piece. Stranger things have happened, but that lower guard may well have had something such as a personalization on it that was needed to be swapped out and was done so with a later guard? I'm still not fully convinced that this dagger is a bad one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Looking at all possible combinations of other Rohm dagger logos.and none come even close to matching those 2 marks...let alone the EP&S logo..which I doubt also.

In this case..Why grind off the makers logo also? Yeaa I know some daggers had the logo ground off..but lets return to the 2 markings..and answer the question of why no other Rohm Logos match up ? Is this a recent cover up? and try to peddle a ground Rohm Etch with another blade? Surely this is nohting new under the sun..and has been done before. Tang markings would greatly help. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Tang markings. I'll break it down once I get back to the office this coming week and check the guards for markings.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ground Rohm E. Pack SA Dagger  

Hi Matt..thanks..I am in transit shortly and will dig into my library and check this one out. Regards Larry

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast