Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ground Rohm S.A. from Vet's family surprise. Want some opinions please

Article about: At first, second, and third glance I thought this was an unmarked S.A. On closer inspection I could see where it had been factory ground or done by a professional. The centerline had some fl

?

Default Re: Ground Rohm S.A. from Vet's family surprise. Want some opinions please

Last question, if there is NO ground rohm inscription and I was seeing things that were not really there because I wanted to, and the only thing actually ground and polished off is the maker mark, is there an explanation that is likely for it being that way? Or would it still point back to be a put together trophy dagger?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ground Rohm S.A. from Vet's family surprise. Want some opinions please
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Ground Rohm S.A. from Vet's family surprise. Want some opinions please

Tomorrow I will take it outside and get super close ups of the blade in natural light to get opinions. Right now I am starting to think that what i thought were shadows and remnants of the Rohm inscription were figments of my imagination and they were just staining/damage/scratches on the blade. Using LED light it appears the cross grain is present throughout the blade

There are 2 possibilities...#1..the blade might of been a Rohm blade at one time and professionally reground and repoilished,,to the point ..it would be hard to detect if there was a dedication there in the first place. A slight wave in the center of the spine MIGHT detect it was a Rohm blade. Looking down the blade fromthe point of the blade shoulders down to the tip may detect it. Again...this is a possibility,,depending how well it was done.

#2..this blade possibly could be an unfinished blade that never made it out of the factory, and never issued,,which made it a put together. Without seeing the blade personally in hand I can not make the decision if it was either theories.
    The dagger itself and the condition it is in,,I feel it is genuine as everything was made during the Third Reich period. This is the best assessment I can give at this time concerning this dagger. Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2