Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch

Article about: Now thats a very nice SA Andrew would you like me to mind it for you thanks for showing, cheers Ronnie

Default Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch

I literally dug this one out of the Crypt including the coffin for this Haco SA.
    I feel this maker of this dagger is extraordinary for the mere fact of the quality and the characteristics that sets this apart from most other dagger producers. Although the name on the logo is Haco,, which there has been endless discussions on the authenticity of this entity. It has been discussed that Haco GmbH is a distributor and not a maker of daggers. It is Hard to say as there is nothing proven if they did or didnt.
    I tend to think IMO that this maker was a Suhl maker because of the thinness of the crossguards. Who this maker is,, could it be Haco? or do they remain Anonymous like the SS maker RZM 120/34 but the characteristics point to the makers Peter & Daniel Krebs.
    This dagger IMO is not just any regular early SA,,,this is an SA dagger with some dark history coming from the Berlin SA themselves. I find this dagger so intriguing because it has been involved in some shady exploits including the burning of the Reichstag Parliament building.
    I have included a link of that history here Berlin SA
    Also including a Time Life color photo of the Berlin SA with Goebbels at the podium and including a photo of Black felt crown designating the Berlin SA.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch   Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch  

Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch   Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch  

Attached Images Attached Images Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch
    P
    Many

Default Re: Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch

Don't get much better than that, very nice eye candy, and thanks for the pics.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Thanks for sharing Larry, thats a fine looking dagger. That is too cool I have never seen a SA dagger in Coffin shaped box like that before. I love it! Being a Berlin produced dagger makes me wonder if it was taken by a russian or maybe a GI traded with a russian for it. Cheers, Robert

HI Robert its hard to say if it was produced in Berlin,, but for a fact this maker soley made them for the Berlin SA.

Much assumption and prior discussions within the community of varied forums seem to pin point the producer to the Suhl region of Germany due to the crossguard aestetics and grip wood. The producer remains unknown.

Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 09-03-2018 at 01:54 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

That is interesting, I always thought daggers marked Berlin ment they were produced in Berlin. It seems I learn something new everyday. Cheers, Robert

You will see many early SA daggers with various gruppe marks each designated to be distributed to that region of Germany. check out this link on gruppe marks SA Dienstdolch group markings
    The dagger producers were contracted by the High leadership of the SA to make a certain quantity of daggers to be sent to that district. Upon the arrival to that district,, an SA mann or hired laborer with a tool punch,,, punched in the gruppe mark of that region to where the SA mann was to serve. Some SA collectors like to collect for the gruppe mark along with the logo itself. I encourage you to spend a little time in the SA forum and browse through some of the threads with early SA makers with gruppe marks. It will give you an insight to where in Germany that dagger was. There are a couple Gruppe marks that I like personally which one of them is "Wf" which stands for Westfalia ,and thats the region in which Himmlers castle was situated. Gruppe Mark "B" of course and its history......"Oe" for Austria ( Ostereich ) and the whole history surrounding that bad bunch of guys. There is alot to study which is exhaustive and rewarding when creating a display or teaching. Regards Larry

Thanks for the information larry! I find it very interesting, I will have to study up on that. I love when you can trace an piece of militaria to a place or group of people. I feel that it the peak of colleting and what preserving history is all about. Cheers, Robert

?

TNcollector. to my knowledge the HACO Berlin logo is the only acceptable dagger mark saying Berlin. as a rule, if the dagger says Berlin and not Solingen, it is a spanish copy. there are Berlin distributer marks, but they are not the makers, like Eickhorn or Weyersberg, who will not have Berlin in the logo.
    hope that helps. here is mine Larry
    Andrew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch   Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch  

Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch  

WOW Andrew Screaming example!! That blade is beautiful!! Larry

Thanks for the information Andrew I always like to learn as much as I can. That is a another great looking dagger! Thanks for sharing the photos with us. Cheers, Robert

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast