Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Hello, found cheap sa dagger, how easy is it to put parts together?

Article about: Hello all, Saw this sa dagger and was wondering first if it was authentic. Secondly how easy would it be to put the parts together? This one is in bad condition I know. Thanks for your help

Default Hello, found cheap sa dagger, how easy is it to put parts together?

Hello all,
    Saw this sa dagger and was wondering first if it was authentic.
    Secondly how easy would it be to put the parts together?
    This one is in bad condition I know. Thanks for your help everyone.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hello, found cheap sa dagger, how easy is it to put parts together?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hello, found cheap sa dagger, how easy is it to put parts together?

I would think expensive.

It's missing the nut to screw onto the tang so it would not hold together like this. It depends how cheap is cheap?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    It's missing the nut to screw onto the tang so it would not hold together like this. It depends how cheap is cheap?
    80 quid.
    I will email to see if the seller has the nut with it if not then I will leave it.

Seller has said no nut with the item.
    I'm not an expert with daggers so I will pass on this.

Hi Daniel.. From the photos the dagger appears to be ok,,and also looks to be the early type. What is the price tag on this partial dagger?......and the current condition this one is in is not the best as it is missing a tang nut and scabbard..but you can get a half decent one for a couple of hundred dollars more..if you contact Paul Hogle at Lakesidetrader | German WWII Daggers & Medals ....or try Tom Wittmann at Wittmann Antique Militaria. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by daniel1234 View Post
    80 quid.
    I will email to see if the seller has the nut with it if not then I will leave it.
    for £80 I'd snap his arm off The tang nut, scabbard and anything you would need are quite easy to get. It's a good cheapie first dagger IMO

It's original, of course-and a fairly early one as has been noted, but when you factor in a period grip nut along with a sheath, then you're talking basically the price of your run of the mill SA anyway, so there's not a whole lot of meat left on the bone here at 80 quid. At the end of the day, you'd Still have a put together piece in any case. (The blade looks abit on the rough side, anyway!)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for the help everyone.