Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Help with chained NSKK Scabbard

Article about: Hello all,I recieved a call from someone who has an NSKK chained scabbard he wants to sell. Unfortunately the dagger is gone.As this is not my area of collecting I could use some help as far

Default Help with chained NSKK Scabbard

Hello all,I recieved a call from someone who has an NSKK chained scabbard he wants to sell. Unfortunately the dagger is gone.As this is not my area of collecting I could use some help as far as pricing and a reasonable offer if it is in decent condition. Maybe I'll get Lucky!! Thanks,Geoff

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with chained NSKK Scabbard
    P
    Many

Took a look at the scabbard. It looks good to me but there are no RZM marks on the chain?? does anyone know if chains were produced without RZM markings??

Thanks Geoff

Hi Geoff ...any photos ?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

If there ever was an RZM stamping it may have been on the upper chains first link which I believe was intentionally not added,or deliberately removed as there are normally 4 upper fitting links and 5 lower links on the middle fitting.Doing this would likely be to adjust the hanging of the dagger.Buying the "Upgrade" scabbard would not add the additional cost of buying a new dagger.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with chained NSKK Scabbard   Help with chained NSKK Scabbard  

Help with chained NSKK Scabbard   Help with chained NSKK Scabbard  

Hi Geoff ..this late in the RZM period there should of been a marking.

Supposedly under the " Field Upgrade " rule which IMO are not a huge supporter of.
    I can not see anything leaving the sights of the RZM before it leaves the production door.

This chain shows some brass base coming through on a couple of the links...so I went back into an early Chain photo being a solid nickel type which shows the RZM number.

Help with chained NSKK ScabbardHelp with chained NSKK ScabbardHelp with chained NSKK Scabbard

All that I have studied from the early to late period all of which had an RZM stamping. In these instances and in this day and age of deception in this hobby ..the best plan would be to stay with what is consistent in sightings and some may not agree with me ..which is fine as these are just my thoughts and what I have studied over the years in these SA and NSKK types.

Other thoughts and opinions are welcome .

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill