Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help Identfy

Article about: Can anyone tell me for one what the writing is on this dagger and what its value is I acquired it after my grandpa past away. Thanks Josh

jcg32004
    ?

Default Help Identfy

Can anyone tell me for one what the writing is on this dagger and what its value is I acquired it after my grandpa past away.

Thanks Josh
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Identfy   Help Identfy  

Help Identfy   Help Identfy  

Last edited by jcg32004; 05-01-2010 at 02:58 PM.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Help Identfy

solingen is the maker of the dagger. they still make knives today.

Rohm honor SA dagger.

Brian

ian
    ?

hi , Solingen is NOT a manufacturer, it is a place ,it is a steel producing city in the rhur valley in germany ,it is very much like an english knife having "shefield " on the blade, this dagger has the makers initials and logo on it but the pic is blured and i cant make it out , cheers ian

Quote by ian View Post
    ..., this dagger has the makers initials and logo on it but the pic is blured and i cant make it out , cheers ian
    Ernst Pack & Sons

Hi Josh, welcome to the forum!

The blade dedication says: In heartfelt comradeship; Ernst Rohm.

It is a very desirable dagger as the inscription is complete and is worth several thousand £/$.

Cheers, Ade.

jcg32004
    ?

added better pic

where would i go to get this dagger appraised i know the bayonet isnt worth much but i would be very interested to see its value and possible get papers to prove its authenticity

jcg32004
    ?

with an item like this do you attempt to clean/polish it any i dont know that much about this kind of thing i know its a piece of history and to my knowledge it was removed from a soldier along with a skull ring and nothing has touched it since

ian
    ?

i would not clean it at all , i would advise just a thin smeer of oil on the blade and scabard , im sure others will advise you better , but unles there is rust on the blade i would leave it alone ,cheers ian

jcg32004
    ?

What kind of oil ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1