Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help please. SA dagger is it ok?

Article about: Hello I would welcome your opinions on this SA dagger by Curt Hoppe. Thanks John

Default Help please. SA dagger is it ok?

Hello
    I would welcome your opinions on this SA dagger by Curt Hoppe.
    Thanks
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help please. SA dagger is it ok?   Help please. SA dagger is it ok?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help please. SA dagger is it ok?
    P
    Many

Hi John ..Nice find on a not so easy producer to find. Although a 6 in rarity ...still not as frequent of a find .

The 3pc hanger with first type snap clip is a plus. A complete ensemble .

What is the Gruppe mark on the lower guard ? ....... Is it "Ha" Hansa ? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I see nothing wrong with it. A nice dagger with a desirable 3 piece hanger and made by a scarce maker. Well found!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Larry
    Thanks very much for your reply.
    I know nothing about German knives ( or much else!) but I've attached a close up of what I think you mean by Gruppe mark. As you can see the "a" is worn. Hope this helps.
    Regards
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help please. SA dagger is it ok?  

Hi Johm thankyou for the extra photo..which that SA Gruppe is correct for the carrier of that dagger designated to serve in the Hansa district
    ( See Below the Gruppe Marks to Producer list ) and scroll down to the topical map that will show all the Early SA gruppes throughout Germany

SA Gruppe marks known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers

The faint looking letter "a" is common sight..which the person applying these gruppe marks did not have an even surface on the crossguard due to the curvatures. It also depended who was stamping them..as it was just not one person performing this task.

Lovely Scabbard finish also ..which is also a huge plus for these Early SAs . This dagger will look nicely displayed next to an SA armband and Belt Buckle.

Regards Larry

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Many thanks Larry, I think I'll try and emulate your display.
    Thanks also for the map and Gruppe code link.
    Cheers
    John

Hi John agree with the guys its a nice complete SA dagger in nice condition
    Do you have this daggers already bought? or are you planning to buy one?

Regards Rafael

Thanks everyone, great help.
    John