Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Help - SA dagger

Article about: Hi All, I'm trying to establish (in so far as is possible) if the attached SA Dagger is real or fake....? Thanks Patrick ps I realise I am pretty shocking at taking photos - i always preferr

Earlier photos showed some kind of large hex head or nut under the tang nut that is then missing in the later shots?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hi Glenn, I took all the photos last night with no physical change to anything save the camera angle. I am assuming the 'hex head' is the nut at the top above the cross guard where I've put up more detailed photos? I've not taken the dagger apart. I'm not sure if it ever has been albeit previous posts suggest it may have been....who knows! Thanks for your reply.

HI Patrick...welcome to the forum..sorry Im late to the party. You have a great piece of early SA History there..and a good read into this Haco Distributor..can be found on this thread here Haco Early SA Dienst Dolch

The guards are internally marked with numbering in red or black ink..and not stamped. The letter "B" on the lower reverse crossguard is designated for the SA Gruppe Berlin. This dagger is correct in all aspects. Even through the not so great photos...this exclusively made dagger shows itself as a Haco.

You have a nice piece of Early SA History..from a not so nice and Nasty SA Gruppe and their history that follows them. Enjoy your stay. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

OK, guess it is just a trick of the light and shadow that makes the tang nut look weirdly oversized in the earlier photos. A great looking blade!

Thanks again for the feedback and the access to the HACO info. I've an SS Dagger (Robert Klass I) that I would like to post at some stage for feedback also. It's really not in great nick but it would be good to get some feedback.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12