Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help - SA dagger

Article about: Hi All, I'm trying to establish (in so far as is possible) if the attached SA Dagger is real or fake....? Thanks Patrick ps I realise I am pretty shocking at taking photos - i always preferr

Default Help - SA dagger

Hi All, I'm trying to establish (in so far as is possible) if the attached SA Dagger is real or fake....?

Help - SA dagger
    Help - SA dagger
    Help - SA dagger
    Help - SA dagger
    Help - SA dagger
    Help - SA dagger
    Help - SA dagger

Thanks
    Patrick

ps I realise I am pretty shocking at taking photos - i always preferred physic's, didn't have an arty bone in my body.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help - SA dagger
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    From what I can see, it looks like everything fits properly. Can't tell if the tang nut has been abused or not. There appears to be something stamped on the reverse of the handle just above the cross guard?
    Better photos can be taken outside on an overcast day. It will help the lighting issue.
    Looks to be an original Haco to me. There are others who are much more versed in these than I am, wait for other opinions as well.
    Ralph.
    P.S. They may request better photos.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph,

Thanks so much for the swift response and thanks for the welcome.

I am sorry about the poor photos and I will try and sort a couple more. There is a 'B' on the crossguard and stamped into the handle is '2/Wm' - i've no idea what these mean. I'm pretty novice and have been trying to google stuff. The HACO Berlin has not come out clear on these photos, nor has the writing on the blade....but it is pretty clear. Again thanks for your note back.

Patrick

In my opinion, you have all of the right photos, they just need to be clearer.
    Something looks off about that tang nut, a couple of clearer photos here wouldn't hurt either. Have you taken this dagger apart?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi, looks ok to me, actually, I agree with Ralph on the fit of cross guard to grip, looks good. The etched motto looks very dark in these poor quality photos, but may not be of concern. Might just be pics, just very fresh and clean blade??? Better pics would help.

Hi Patrick, welcome to the forum!

I think maybe good. But better pics will confirm.

If the scabbard is black, it will be NSKK. My biggest concern here is that it may be been repainted. I don't like the chips to the paint showing clean silver metal under the paint

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Help - SA daggerHelp - SA daggerHelp - SA dagger

Is this the nut you were on about?

Ill try more of the blade but not coming out great

Help - SA dagger

Help - SA dagger

lol my GF is now getting pee'ed with me as I keep adjusting the lights!

ps if i've not mentioned it previously, thanks for your feedback, really appreciated.

Patrick

It's been taken apart-probably by the guy that found it-but I'm not seeing anything amiss with it. The sheath looks to be very dark brown. It looks fine. Not a bad dagger-we've certainly seen worse posted here!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast