Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Hopefully My First SA Dienstdolch ~ Advice Please

Article about: I'm attending an auction on 18 Oct with the intention of bidding for this. Any advice on rarity/value would be greatly appreciated, as I'm new to this field of collecting. The picture is the

Default Hopefully My First SA Dienstdolch ~ Advice Please

I'm attending an auction on 18 Oct with the intention of bidding for this. Any advice on rarity/value would be greatly appreciated, as I'm new to this field of collecting. The picture is the best I've got, I'm afraid; from the auction house.

Its a Curdts Nachfolger, Sollingen. There's also a very similar Eickelnberg & Mack on offer too. No picture of that.

Thanking you in anticipation! Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hopefully My First SA Dienstdolch ~ Advice Please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hopefully My First SA Dienstdolch ~ Advice Please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hopefully My First SA Dienstdolch ~ Advice Please

Hi Martin!! Tough call but looks ok...shame there is not more photos. This dagger is early all the way including the long nosed snap clip. Nice to see that sometimes. Curdst Nache is a "6" on a scale of 10 being the rarest,, but IMO this maker is rarely seen and should be held in respect of a near 10. JMO. I can not comment on the "Eickelnberg & Mack" as there s no photo. What is the auction house pricing this at? I would like to see more photos and a price if possible. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry. Thanks for that. I can't decide whether the auction house is trying to whip up huge interest or doesn't have a clue. The guide for the "German Dagger" is 30-50 GBP!!!

?

Get bidding Martin
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

like stated above its early all the way!
    The hanger is a treat, nice insiginia and grip, but what realy makes the price of a dagger is its blade.
    This one looks like it has suffered, althou its an nice early one with a good looking grip ( from what i can see of this picture) its a dagger that will not pass the 425 euro.
    Its been dropped on the ball, the lower screw on the lower scabbard fitting isnt placed horizontal anymore.
    conclusion: if the price is right, it would be nice dagger to start with

Good luck on the bidding!
    Ger

Thanks for your help guys! I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Martin