Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

How to tell if a Haenel is a true Ground Rohm

Article about: I have collected daggers for years but have never had any daggers check to see if they are real or not. I have a Haenel SA dagger that I have had for awhile and was told that it is a ground

brookshire
    ?

Default How to tell if a Haenel is a true Ground Rohm

I have collected daggers for years but have never had any daggers check to see if they are real or not. I have a Haenel SA dagger that I have had for awhile and was told that it is a ground Rohm. I have had a Eickhorn ground Rohm before and was told that it was real because of how close the makers mark was to the crossguard. On my Haenel the makers mark is farther away from the crossguard than the Eickhorn about 3/8" from the bottom of the mark, would that be correct? The cross hilt is marked th could a original ground Rohm have this marking? This dagger is ground but you can see just a few tops of letters. Do people mark them and then grind them off to make them look like ground Rohms or is than not usually done. Any other ways to check if a Haenel is a real ground Rohm, I am sure that the dagger is a true SA not post war. Thanks

2. # ADS

?

Thumbs up Re: Haenel SA Ground Rohm ?

Pic''s please.

brookshire
    ?

Default Re: Haenel SA Ground Rohm ?

I will try to send pictures tomorrow, thanks.

?

Default Re: How to tell if a Haenel is a true Ground Rohm

not seeing the dagger i can only direct you to what i found. this link is to one that is for sale'
    SA DAGGER

this link is to another members dagger, that i dont think had an inscription.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...-haenel-14118/

and another better picture.
    http://www.collectorsmilitaria.com/sadaggerbyhaenel.htm
    i hope you can compare them to yours.
    andrew

brookshire
    ?

Thanks Andrew, I will try and post some pictures tomorrow, but from the links that you had me go to my is like the ground Rohm and not just the plain SA dagger. Thank you very much for your help.

brookshire
    ?

Here are some pictures, can anyone tell me what this dagger is worth?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How to tell if a Haenel is a true Ground Rohm   How to tell if a Haenel is a true Ground Rohm  

brookshire
    ?

Here are a couple more pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How to tell if a Haenel is a true Ground Rohm   How to tell if a Haenel is a true Ground Rohm  

How to tell if a Haenel is a true Ground Rohm  

Hi, it is a good original dagger and a ground Rohm.

What does let it down is the condition with the broken off suspension ring, which is a real shame. This will badly effect the value.

Cheers, Ade.