Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Hugo Linder Deltawerk NSKK Dagger for review

Article about: I was hoping to get some opinions on the authenticity of this NSKK dagger by Hugo Linder Deltawerk that I am considering purchasing. Are there any red flags that anyone notices, or does it a

Default Hugo Linder Deltawerk NSKK Dagger for review

I was hoping to get some opinions on the authenticity of this NSKK dagger by Hugo Linder Deltawerk that I am considering purchasing. Are there any red flags that anyone notices, or does it appear to be original?

The grips appear to me to fit the cross guards well. I don't see any indications that the eagle or roundel have been replaced. The makers mark and motto appear right without significant polishing, and the cross grain seems to be in good shape. There is a small chip in the handle on the back and some wear on the grips, but doesn't seem too terrible.

The only thing that seems potentially questionable to me is the Gruppe mark. It appears to have a Westmark Gruppe mark ("Wm"), but according to the SA Gruppe mark sticky (SA Gruppe marks known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers), Hugo Linder Deltawerk should have a Niederrhein ("Nrh") mark.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this dagger?

Thanks,

Chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hugo Linder Deltawerk NSKK Dagger for review
    P
    Many

The gau mark is correct for This producer..
    A rare piece.. only made 1000.
    I like it
    I do not see any obvious red flags on this one.. nice fittings overall.

Best regards,
    Lt. Col
    Ullergaard

The SA gruppe mark is not complete and there are inclusions that come along and are added to the list.
    I see no issues with the fit of this dagger and will include the " Wm " Westmark to the list.

Due to the photo quality ..to see the detail of the scabbard paint is impossible to decide whether it is early mid period or a current repaint.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you both for your input. I've requested additional photos of the scabbard and when I receive them will post those as well.

Ullergaard - Can you tell me where the information you posted the photo from is?

Thanks again!

Chris

I received a few more photos of the dagger, including a couple with better detail of the scabbard. Differentiating the scabbard finishes, I admit, is something I struggle with, so would definitely appreciate input on whether or not it appears to be a proper period scabbard or not.

Thanks again,

Chris

The scabbard is early period correct ...and lost all its laquer..but nice to see the anodized type on this NSKK.
    Nice skinny motto font type too

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

What a fantastic looking example! Love that dark motto!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)