Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I just found this site and had to say hi!

Article about: Well that is one mighty fine dagger to start with! Love the early ones Welcome to the Forum! Cheers, Ger

Default I just found this site and had to say hi!

I have been given my first ever German dagger... I simply had to pop by and share it with you. It's a SA dagger made by Carl Schmidt Sohn AG.

Been doing lots of research on it. I love it!!

Apparently only 1,000 made?

Anodized scabbard. No leather strap though. Mark on hilt is NS?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

I just found this site and had to say hi!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I just found this site and had to say hi!
    P
    Many

Default Re: I just found this site and had to say hi!

Guten abend!...

Welcome. Ns for Niedersachsen. Nice SA dagger! Here is a link to the list of Gruppe markings: SA Dienstdolch group markings

and a link to the markings vs. makers list: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/sa-di...turers-249468/

Enjoy!

Hello Stoopish and welcome to the forum,,,Congrats on your first dagger and the SA dagger has some great characteristics. Alot of history with these early daggers. If you may could you post a few more pics including the makers logo, scabbard, hilt fittings and SA Gruppe mark "NS'. On this forum the gents here including myself like to see if at all most of the dagger. We thrive on this stuff!! Depending on what Rarity list your looking at,, I would lean more on the McSaar list for rarity as this maker would fall under the "4" category out of 10. Still a great maker with craftmanship. Something else to take into perspective is that 1000 is not the number of daggers made,,but it is considered 1 in 1000 sighted,,,which still makes it somewhat rare. It also depends who has researched it and the McSaar List would be more accurate in sightings as I have seen myself more than one of this maker.
    You have a nice original early period dagger with tons of history behind it. The SA gruppe "Ns" is correct for this maker. I am hopeful for a few more photos so we can see the rest of this dagger. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry! Sure thing! Will take some more pics of it for you

Here we go. Hope this works...

I just found this site and had to say hi!I just found this site and had to say hi!I just found this site and had to say hi!I just found this site and had to say hi!I just found this site and had to say hi!

nice one and welcome.

Welcome! My first SA was by the same maker. I have shown it on the forum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Welcome to the forum. Nice dagger you got there.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Welcome.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast