Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I think i was almost ripped off on ebay....

Article about: Good eye, nice catch Brian. I'll tell you what the buyer would have gotten. NOTHING! The buyer would have paid the crook and then when nothing showed up, he would be fighting with Ebay for m

Default Re: I think i was almost ripped off on ebay....

Good eye, nice catch Brian. I'll tell you what the buyer would have gotten. NOTHING! The buyer would have paid the crook and then when nothing showed up, he would be fighting with Ebay for months trying to get his money back. These crooks need to be hung by their thumbs!

Jay

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

I wished i had a way of knowing who the winner was of the auction, so that i could tell them also.

Brian

Unfortunately I bet he finds out pretty quick the sale is a shame. I think you can click on the high bidders name and send an IM.

Jay

I tried to contact the winner, but ebay changed it so that it could be be done now.

Brian

Darn the luck, it's been awhile since I've been on Ebay. I had an instance where I bought a $100 item on Ebay. I paid and then I didn't get the item. I was an idiot because I used my check card and could not challenge the charge. The money comes out of your account immediately. Never got my money back. The seller had over 100 transactions with a 100% rating. Go figure. If you ever buy anything on Ebay, never use anything but a credit card, so you challenge the charge. Live and learn the hard way I guess.

Jay

I've been using paypal, alot of people do not like paypal, but i have had at least 7 transactions gone bad, where they was trying to rip me off, i filed my complaint with paypal and i have gotten back 100% of my money every time.

Plus i ship only with the post office, as the postal inspectors will get involved on each, and every time any Postal customers becomes the victim or fraud or theft.

Brian

Yep, I've used paypal on all my transactions for the last two years and have never had a problem. I used it on the transaction I got ripped off on though too. They just can't help you if you use a check card. I think Ebay owns and runs paypal so some people think there is a conflict of interest there, but I've never had a problem. I guess you're right about using the postal service instead of Fed Ex or UPS. You probably would get a better response in case of fraud. Well, I hope nobody gets rooked on this deal. I'm glad your sharp eye kept you from getting shammed.

Jay

Nothing but good things to say regarding E-Bays insurance/refund policy, but
    you have to be signed with Paypal.

I got my money back very quickly, when I did not receive some pins I had 'won'.
    Tried to contact the seller several times and never heard from him until I told him
    I would file a complaint, then he told me to wait, that he had 'tons of this stuff'.

He never came through, so finally I contacted E-bay on the last possible day
    you can file. They sorted it out and refunded my money. Only $30 but still....

( 7 sterling silver pin-back US Marksmanship badges, with a value of approximately
    $10.00 each, which was more than the scrap value of $20 plus $10 postage.
    The guy just did not want to let them go for that ! )

Regards, Steve.

Kinda off the original thread, but how does Ebay know whether you really got the stuff or not? I mean if the seller says he sent it, and the buyer said he never got it, it seems to me that would be a real mess to try and straighten out. I guess everybody has to submit their documentation of delivery and signature for the item. It seems to be working well for Ebay because they are making millions. Wish I'd have thought of the concept first.

Jay

I send , and have everything sent with a tracking number, and delivery confirmation through the post office only.

On big ticket items, My postal carrier allows me to open the boxes in front of her.

Just in case the box is empty.

Brian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast