Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Inscribed SA dagger

Article about: It is. The problem is so many daggers got messed around with from the 1960's onwards, that anything with an inscription is now viewed with great suspicion. It could well be good? But I just

Default Re: Inscribed SA dagger

It is.

The problem is so many daggers got messed around with from the 1960's onwards, that anything with an inscription is now viewed with great suspicion.

It could well be good? But I just don't know.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Inscribed SA dagger
    P
    Many

Hi Walkwolf, Europeans traditionally put the date as day first then month followed by year.

AS always thank you Ade. I traded for the dagger decades ago but it was a multiple item trade with SS items included and i recall being happy with the transaction. I would never sell the dagger as original. it has lain on my work desk and i have enjoyed the view.My heir thinks as i do and it will probably remain in the family although he detests that which does not have an ironclad provenance.My son's high end collectibles are one hundred per cent pure.

What I find troubling is the February 1936 date knowing that the early model 1936 SS daggers (and others) had nickel silver mounts. Not nickel plated zinc. With the spotted physical characteristic of the insides of the inscription also being a concern which might need an in-hand/ultra close inspection. FP

Is this a salable item and what would be fair market value in a win win transaction for seller and buyer?

I am sure a buyer could be found.

Fair price? Tricky: I think it certainly needs to be sold with a question mark over the dedication, so no premium could be attached to that. But I think you know that already? Maybe sell for the price of a normal RZM marked SA?

I don't think we have mentioned a scabbard here? Does it have one?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Reichenhall was not really popular until 1939 when the Eagles nest in Obersalzburg, was built for Hitlers 50th birthday in 1939,, so there is a little doubt on the 1936 year. Reichenhall itself is a small town in upper Bavaria,, yes there were SA men around there at that time, as they were everywhere in germany,, my point the 1936 year is possible but the eagles nest was not built until 3 yrs later,, and then that area became a hot spot of security. Im still not too sure of the Font that was used on the engraving but i am still researching that. Alot of Good daggers were messed with post war as it was mentioned.

?

i think the etching has been done later.
    Explanation:
    the eickhorn logo without "original"above it is normally used after 1938, that would also explain the zinc plated crossguard and the alu grip eagle.
    a 1936 eickhorn normally would have a nickel plated crossguard and not a alu eagle, this entire knife yells: im later at least 1939 but prop. a 1940/41

All early transis. SA daggers ive seen have far better materials then this late war dagger.
    Im with Frogprince on this one.

Cheers,
    Ger

ger, thank you for your comments. I value this site extremely valuable for the comments and that is why i will contribute dollars to support this site.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2