Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Inscribed SA dagger

Article about: It is. The problem is so many daggers got messed around with from the 1960's onwards, that anything with an inscription is now viewed with great suspicion. It could well be good? But I just

Default Inscribed SA dagger

Thank you all for your comments. I have an sa blade that is inscribed. I always have thought that this was a fake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Inscribed SA dagger   Inscribed SA dagger  

Inscribed SA dagger   Inscribed SA dagger  

Inscribed SA dagger   Inscribed SA dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Inscribed SA dagger
    P
    Many

Default Re: Inscribed SA dagger

All I will venture is comment upon the basic dagger itself, which is original.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

What is the translation?

I agree with Ade on the dagger itself as it is original and period. the inscription is like a Rohm example 'In Heartfelt comradeship Rudolf Bohm" below is the Sturm Unit and where he was stationed and the year,, which which is middle period which coincides with the double proofing Eickhorn logo and RZM number........BUT.........I am no expert on engraving itself and I can not comment on the authenticity of it. The cross guards are a little ratty looking for being middle period as the silvering has come off a little more on some spots and IMO looks more later,,, then again depending upon the castor and what materials they were using as they varied from one castor to another,, its hard to say but overall, it looks good....dagger only! Very nice crossguard to grip fit. Rare to see that

Hi, I would say at a glance it looks like an interesting piece, my only criticism would be the engraving appears to not fit the blade. The signiture starts to close to the edge and the Sturm Unit details appear to be slightly up hill from left to right, somthing I wouldn't expect to see from a Eickhorn blade. But still a nice dagger.

The dagger looks to be a correct transitional Eickhorn, the inscription would require an in hand inspection by someone knowledgable in such things as some modern fakes are excellent. Just as an aside I'd also suggest you consider the source, is he reputable & will he allow a good faith inspection period?

Thank you.

I guess the question is, when exactly did transitional daggers start being
    marked as such. The inscription date is: 16 - 2 - 1936.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi Steve, 1936 to 1938 is the date range for transitional double marked daggers.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade ! - So the production/inscription dates fall in line, which is good.

( I do like how the etched motto is the same 'tone'
    as both of the logos )
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast