Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just to Show my Restored Ground Dug Röhm SA Dagger

Article about: by Walkwolf 30 GBP is a really great price for what you have now.............! yes it looks like a great deal

Default Just to Show my Restored Ground Dug Röhm SA Dagger

Made by Ernst Pack und Sohn, i got this one 5 days ago and left him 2 days in oxalic acid, he was found in the frankfurt oder area and had a real bad patina, so i decidet to restore him, he got a acid bath, and soft polish, a new handel (dont know if the eagel is a real one, if not i have to find one), the scabbat got new paint and parts. ther was no other way and i dont wanne keep him in bad dugup condition, after cleaning i found the markers mark and if you hold him in the right angel you still can see some bits of the röhm inscription (dont come good up in the photos but a bit is to see). so i guess it was an röhm dagger.
    i like him after my restoration work, its not the best work but was my first try, hope you like it.
    the b on the cross guard is for berlin brandenburg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just to Show my Restored Ground Dug Röhm SA Dagger   Just to Show my Restored Ground Dug Röhm SA Dagger  

Just to Show my Restored Ground Dug Röhm SA Dagger   Just to Show my Restored Ground Dug Röhm SA Dagger  

Just to Show my Restored Ground Dug Röhm SA Dagger   Just to Show my Restored Ground Dug Röhm SA Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just to Show my Restored Ground Dug Röhm SA Dagger
    P
    Many

Default Re: Just to Show my Restored Ground Dug Röhm SA Dagger

by the way the dagger hanger is restored as well then the original leather was ways to rotten so i addet a pice of new old leather to it.
    i was not thinking that this acid works on daggers too so i diddend made pictures before but i think you will still see it was a dug up on the inner handel area

3 more pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just to Show my Restored Ground Dug Röhm SA Dagger   Just to Show my Restored Ground Dug Röhm SA Dagger  

by the way dose someone know what the h on the crossguards inside mean

Looks good.

Hi, Klinger !

Too bad you did not make any 'before' pictures............

Personally, I don't think it is a 'Rohm' dedication dagger, but it has been over-cleaned.

If the inscription is exactly where the arrow shows in the last photo, it is too far away
    from the center of the blade to be etching on an SA dagger. Original lettering is
    not very high and rather elongated.
    As well, to grind away any etching would also remove the 'peak' or apex at the center
    of the blade, and this is not exhibited from what I can see - the peak is still sharp.

The square buckle and dark leather hanger are also incorrect. I would take it off
    and wait until a proper one can be found.

It is still a nice restoration/rebuild .................... !
    Regards,

Steve.

You've done a brilliant job of restoration for a ground dug dagger!

Regards,
    Finn

?

sorry, but I Agree w/ wakwolf on the hanger. whatever though I guess it works until you can find the correct one. It is a very minor thing if you are looking at the dagger as a whole anyway. But I think you did a great job rebuilding from a dug up dagger! I would love to hear what the "more knowledgeable" people say about the makers mark.....but once again.....you woulda never thought it was a ground find! nice job klinger. I cannot tell from the pics...Did you buy the scabbard seperate or did u really restore that as well?? If so, great job!

it is restored with some parts of a fake dagger, got new paint and screws, the body it self is the original one but was totaly rotten so i had to do it, i payd 30 gbp for the ground dug dagger so i was thinking it is not a big lose if the restauration dose not work, but as you see im surprised by my self how it come out, and im still thinking ther was an inscription on the blade but i cand make good pictures of it, anyway he gets a special place as reborn dagger in my collection

30 GBP is a really great price for what you have now.............!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast