Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Karl Robert kaldenbach NSKK

Article about: Hello forum. Here is a later NSKK RZM piece by Karl Robert kaldenbach rzm m7/72 1942 Even with spots on the blade and a small knick to grip frontside, still a beauty In my eyes. Hanger is a

Default Karl Robert kaldenbach NSKK

Hello forum.

Here is a later NSKK RZM piece by Karl Robert kaldenbach rzm m7/72 1942
    Even with spots on the blade and a small knick to grip frontside, still a beauty
    In my eyes.
    Hanger is a later addition.
    Enjoy.

Best
    Ullergaard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Karl Robert kaldenbach NSKK
    P
    Many

Love the swing wear of usage on that scabbard . shows owner ship ...and a busy NSKK Mann.

The SA organization by this year and 1943 when production of these daggers ended..the SA was merely a shadow of its former self ..and having no power left which the SS usurped over the SA.

A very nice late production example showing usage in a collectable condition

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Ullergaard

This is also a nice dagger but it looks like something's not right , And if I look closer to this one I think this is an early grip. The fit is not so good to the guards, and on this pics it looks like it has a nickle eagle. The late type daggers RZM have an aluminum eagle. but thats mine opinion. please correct me if i,m wrong.

Regards Rafael

Hi again Rafael.

I Think the grip maybe fools you because when i Got it many years ago i used beewax on the grip,
    Because it was dried out.. i Will show a picture of how it looked back then..
    And the difference is very big..
    best regards
    Ullergaard

If its an issue of restoration that the handle was in danger of further dry out or cracking..I support the waxing. It actually looks better and I like the dark grip.

I know a lot of guys here that perform this waxing..I have used MinWax a few times on some dried out grips.

Let's keep in mind most of the daggers with exception to the minty ones . the grips were held alot and the human oils that come from hands ..have changed many grips from their original color tone ..some to a pleasing dark red. So most original production grips from being held a lot changed in tone as seen in many photos with SA men.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Yes I know that the oil of hands can change the collor of the wooden grip, it gives sometimes some nice color changes. I never used beewax or something but I believe as Larry says Sometimes it is necessary to save the dry wood. But back to the grip eagle IMO it does not match in color and materials whit the guards. also, the handle lays very deep in the lower crossguard I do not think that this has to do with shrinkage of the wood.
    I found this dagger, here you can see matching eagle/guard color and materials.

Opinions on SA Dagger - RZM M7/72

Regards Rafael

Hello Rafael.

It actually dosent matter that much to me on this piece!
    An old dagger in the collection, and do Like it.. and if the eagle is nickel well well..
    As with These sa/nskk daggers many times they have been tampered with in many ways..
    So finding Them untouched as a lot people say i Think is very hard after so many years.
    Best regards
    Ullergaard

Yes Ullergaard you have absolutely right. And your dagger is in all parts original and looks nice.

Regards Rafael

Production quality also from the careful craftsmanship of the early period ..to the very late period of 1942....surely grips where not going to be exact in specs and fit. It's why I choose early period because of quality and craft.

We have found early SAs,..some from the same producer with different guards and grips.

Look at Ernst Pack ...known for their fruit wood and light colored grips..have been found with darker grips. A major player next to Eickhorn.

I'm not disputing the possibility that this grip may not belong ..but keeping an open mind because of the late production time frame..that resources were seeked from other suppliers.

Its why we dig further for the truth..through more than one example. It takes sometimes a few more stones to turn over.

Regards Larry