Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kober

Article about: Picked up this one on 10/10/2007. I picked this up on an online auctiom Was disappointed when I saw it in person. I removed the lower scabbard fitting. Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Kober

Picked up this one on 10/10/2007. I picked this up on an online auctiom Was disappointed when I saw it in person.

KoberKoberKoberKoberKoberKoberKoberKoberKoberKoberKoberKoberKoberKoberKoberKober

I removed the lower scabbard fitting.

KoberKoberKober

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kober
    P
    Many

I like the dagger..but what happened to the scabbard..and the scabbard appears to be painted..or is it the photos giving that impression. The blade is in rough condition. A pre requisite for collecting should begin with seeking for an untouched example..which most of the time..that seems to become a rarity in itself....yet seeking a decent conditioned complete example should also be on the fore front.

I dont know what happened to this dagger and the lower fitting..but surely it has been purposely messed with. Wilhelm Kober is a desirable producer among SA collectors,,,,perhaps a better example could be acquired..sad to see this with these early SA Movement daggers. Im not sure of the number stamping on the scabbard fittings. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I couldn't agree more. Like I said I bought this in an online auction and when it showed up I was not happy. It is by far the worst dagger I have.

It's painted. A POS!