Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M7/68

Article about: A few pics of my SA dagger Annoyed from this ads?  

?

Default M7/68

A few pics of my SA dagger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M7/68   M7/68  

M7/68   M7/68  

M7/68   M7/68  

M7/68   M7/68  

M7/68   M7/68  

M7/68   M7/68  

M7/68   M7/68  

M7/68   M7/68  

M7/68   M7/68  

M7/68   M7/68  

M7/68   M7/68  

M7/68   M7/68  

M7/68   M7/68  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M7/68
    P
    Many

Hi Busman..for a Late Rzm dagger..it is in very good condition..with the normally seen wear of the plating to the crossguard area. The grip still shows the sharpness of the contour ridges very nice! Was this a recent pick up ? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi i picked this up last week with a HJ knife , they were both unplanned pickups as i wanted to sell a few bayonets but ended doing a trade for the two . This is the first one i have had in my collection or even handled , helmets are my normal area. Thanks for having a look.

Just in case you do not know the maker is Tigerwerk Lauterjung & Co. Solingen, not sure of the rarity scale but you did good for your first SA!

?

Thankyou for taking the time to read my thread and for the comments regarding condition and info on the maker. I got the dagger from a well trusted guy and it looked ok to me, but there is always that bit of doubt until I posted a few pics on here, now I can breath easy. Many thanks again.

?

How are these daggers valued/priced , is it down to maker and early daggers being the more desirable and RZM only daggers being the least or are some makers more collectible than others regardless of being early middle or late production.

Quote by busman View Post
    How are these daggers valued/priced , is it down to maker and early daggers being the more desirable and RZM only daggers being the least or are some makers more collectible than others regardless of being early middle or late production.
    Hi Busman...all dagger values are based on Rarity , condition,,and desirability...IMO condition mostly. Rarity for the type collectors.

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Just in case you do not know the maker is Tigerwerk Lauterjung & Co. Solingen, not sure of the rarity scale but you did good for your first SA!
    Generally the rarity scale only applies to the Early SA dagger...but the the collector could use it as a secondary rule of thumb..when collecting by the producer. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry for the info. The good thing about late war not so rare daggers , is it give new collectors like me a start on the ladder. The guy I traded it with did say dagger collecting can be addictive! And I must say I have started looking more towards daggers now. Also I have noticed a strange thing all the other RZM 7/68 SA daggers I have seen are all dated 1941. Was that a high production year?
    Last edited by busman; 10-11-2014 at 04:00 PM. Reason: More to say

?

Hi Busman,

Tiger used a dual makers logo after they abandonned their early logo by the end of 1936, until 1940.
    The RZM logo is as far as i have seen only used in 1941 ( seems to be their last production)
    They started in +/- 1937 (the transitional period) with a combined Tiger & RZM logo ( so called transitional logo) and kept it until their final RZM logo in 1941
    Here their Trans. Tiger logo used in the years before 1941.
    regards,
    Ger
    M7/68M7/68
    Last edited by gerrit; 10-14-2014 at 10:59 AM.

?

Thanks gerrit for really informative info, I wonder if the factory was put out of action or retooled to produced other equipment. I think I will do some research on this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast