Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

My early SA dagger.

Article about: I thought since I have shown a few of my blades I might as well show my early SA. It was manufactured by Neptun, and has always been one of my favourite makers. It has a bit of greying on th

?

Default My early SA dagger.

I thought since I have shown a few of my blades I might as well show my early SA. It was manufactured by Neptun, and has always been one of my favourite makers. It has a bit of greying on the blade, a little bit of pitting on the nickel cross guards and a fingerprint that just will not leave the blade down at the tip of the blade but I am still very happy to own it. Thanks for looking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My early SA dagger.   My early SA dagger.  

My early SA dagger.   My early SA dagger.  

My early SA dagger.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My early SA dagger.
    P
    Many

Very nice, I would be proud to own that one, btw you have it backwards in the scabbard

?

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Very nice, I would be proud to own that one, btw you have it backwards in the scabbard
    I was kind of hoping no one would notice. I never put it in its scabbard (I have a old dental cabinet that all my things sit) and I tossed it in quickly to take it upstairs for pictures. I took the pictures, took it back inside and then noticed it was put in wrong afterwards and was to lazy to take pictures again.

Very nice and a maker you do not see very often.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

+2 agree with Tank Destroyer.

Est: 1890
    Original name is Kupper & Oertling ..
    Owner is Karl Kupper and registered the trademark in 1895
    Alfred Oertling sole owner in 1928
    Closed in 1962
    Address: Kolnerstrasser 28/30
    Telephone: # 2120 ...... ( do not call ...no one will answer )

Outside of Producing SA, NSKK and HJ knives ..also produced Table knives cutlery and scissors

2009 rarity rating is an 8 ot of 10

for member Lufty3 .because he likes this stuff ......this producer had 5 logo types....3 of which with slight minute differences as seen above in MEEs example. ..the first type with no dots ..was an arrow going through a 5 pointed star to the right and no company name.

A separate logo established by Karl Kupper alone has a Christmas Tree star with and an arrow going to the left through the name Neptune ( no dots )

Very Nice Find MEE ..although this dagger has heavy hand usage smoothing the grip contours....over all it still retains much of its character and lustre.
    Hang on to this one..Neptune is a very rare producer in this day and age.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I thought I would add a picture of it back in its display drawer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My early SA dagger.  

Thats a very nice dagger I like this dagger and the makers mark

Thanks for sharing

Regards Raf

?

Beauty and a rare one too!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Thats a nice early bird you show here, overall fit is great, and it has a beatiful grip!
    Although cleaned its in a collectible condition, congratz!

Regards
    Ger