Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first SA Dagger

Article about: Hello everyone, just bought this dagger today. Its my first Third Reich Dagger and I have bought it to display with my SA brown shirt. and I would be grateful for comments from my forum coll

Default My first SA Dagger

Hello everyone, just bought this dagger today. Its my first Third Reich Dagger and I have bought it to display with my SA brown shirt. and I would be grateful for comments from my forum colleagues who are familiar with these things. Inparticular I would like to know if all the parts appear original and belong together (it looks good to me) and I would also like to know when it was made. Presumably it was made after 1934 as there is no sign of a Rohm dedication. Any help on this appreciated, and any other comments welcome, Doug.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first SA Dagger   My first SA Dagger  

My first SA Dagger   My first SA Dagger  

My first SA Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first SA Dagger
    P
    Many

?

Hi Doug,

Sorry to say but the scabbard has been repainted brown at some point, should be anodised brown with a clear lacquer finish origionally, blade is a little grey but not to bad.

Regards Mac 66.

Hi Mac, thanks very much for your help. This came from Regimentals who as you will no doubt know is a dealer of repute and I am very surprised to find there is a problem, but I am grateful for your help.

Can you just clarify for me, are all SA scabbards originally anodised? I was under the impression later manufactured ones were painted.

I agree-the sheath has been repainted, but just when and by who is impossible to say. It may even be a period repaint, as this was done when the anodizing would flake. Other than that, it's a decent J.P. Sauer. I like it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks William. I would be grateful for more detail about how you know it's repainted-is it that the paint is wrong or is it that these daggers shouldn't have painted scabbards at all? As this was not cheap I will presumably need to get my money back as I imagine I have over paid (£550).

The paint finish is well done and slightly bubbled and flaked and I think it was not done recently.

Sorry I think you overpaid for it ,you should be able to find a nicer one for less

?

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Hi Mac, thanks very much for your help. This came from Regimentals who as you will no doubt know is a dealer of repute and I am very surprised to find there is a problem, but I am grateful for your help.

Can you just clarify for me, are all SA scabbards originally anodised? I was under the impression later manufactured ones were painted.

Hi Doug,

Early SA daggers like yours left the factory with an anodised scabbard with solid nickle fittings, later RZM marked only SA daggers left the factory with brown painted scabbards with steel fittings nickle plated, if i were you i would return the dagger asap for a refund , you can find a nice unmessed with early SA dagger with a much nicer blade with origional anodised scabbard for that money > £550 or less

we will keep you right for your 1st SA dagger purchase so post pix before you buy mate

Cheers Mac 66.

?

Hi Doug,

Also read this link to help you learn about these SAs : https://www.lakesidetrader.com/Educa...r-Deutschland/

Cheers Mac 66.

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    Hi Doug,

Erly SA daggers like yours left the factory with an anodised scabbard with solid nickle fittings, later RZM maked only SA daggers left the factory with brown painted scabbards with steel fittings nickle plated, if i were you i would return the dagger asap for a refund , you can find a nice unmessed with early SA dagger with a much nicer blade with origional anodised scabbard for that money > £550 or less

we will keep you right for your 1st SA dagger purchase so post pix before you buy mate

Cheers Mac 66.
    Thanks very much for your help. I really did believe, obviously naively, that Regimentals (who have been in business since 1969) would have sufficient expertise on these relitively commonplace items to be able to describe them correctly. They must have handled literaly hundreds of SA daggers in that time.

?

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Thanks very much for your help. I really did believe, obviously naively, that Regimentals (who have been in business since 1969) would have sufficient expertise on these relitively commonplace items to be able to describe them correctly. They must have handled literaly hundreds of SA daggers in that time.

Personally i would not buy anything from them mate.

Regards Mac 66.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast