Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My First SA Dagger Vet bringback

Article about: SHAWANG!!!!! and a little mini in there to. I like the Mameluke( US Marine?) and the Hint of a Colonels Dress Mess. Quit teasing me!!!}8) That is a SWWEEEET collection! Thank you so much for

Default My First SA Dagger Vet bringback

Hi all, I purchased my first dagger from a forum member who posted it before, It was a vet bringback who he personally knows and I wanted to post some more detailed pictures for you all to look over and comment on, since im new to this I dont think there is much I can do to improve the condition, it is in really good shape with some to be expected pitting and wear marks, I went over it with a nice soft jewelers cloth, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
    My First SA Dagger Vet bringbackMy First SA Dagger Vet bringbackMy First SA Dagger Vet bringbackMy First SA Dagger Vet bringbackMy First SA Dagger Vet bringbackMy First SA Dagger Vet bringbackMy First SA Dagger Vet bringbackMy First SA Dagger Vet bringbackMy First SA Dagger Vet bringbackMy First SA Dagger Vet bringbackMy First SA Dagger Vet bringbackMy First SA Dagger Vet bringbackMy First SA Dagger Vet bringbackMy First SA Dagger Vet bringbackMy First SA Dagger Vet bringback

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My First SA Dagger Vet bringback
    P
    Many

Default Re: My First SA Dagger Vet bringback

Hi Max, in Reference to improving the condition,, a little Simichrome polish could not hurt to use on the blade,, everything else I would leave alone. There is not much you can do to enhance Late period SA daggers as the materials used were less superior than the early version SAs. A soft cotton cloth can be used to wipe down the fittings and scabbard. Still a nice first dagger to get you started in this type of collecting field. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Nice dagger. Try to stay away from the blade inscription
    if using abrasive polish.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Yea I think im just gonna leave it alone, I cant imagine getting it anymore shinier then it already is, any thoughts on why the leather hanger would be black instead of brown?? also has anyone ever used something to make the inscription stand out more for display purposes?

NSKK or SS hanger. I would not try to enhance the inscription.........
    Regards,

Steve.

how do you display one of these? in the scabbard or out? anybody have any photos so I can get some ideas?

I keep them in their scabbards, but it is up to you what you like best and what fits
    your display. I've seen small acrylic stands to rest unsheathed daggers on.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My First SA Dagger Vet bringback  
    Regards,

Steve.

Nice diplay you got there!, I like the HJ dagger, thats gonne be my next purchase.

?

To the OP,
    I think you have a very nic example of a Vet bringback SA dagger.

To Steve,
    That is a very nice display. I would like to see the big picture. Are those Navy scabbard tip's in the pic?

( Maximus, I don't mean to hi-jack your thread. Hope it's ok with you.......! )

Phil - Yes... Some pictures:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My First SA Dagger Vet bringback   My First SA Dagger Vet bringback  

My First SA Dagger Vet bringback   My First SA Dagger Vet bringback  

Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast