Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

My new NSKK dagger i picked up today.

Article about: Ok, i picked this up from a vet, he took it from the soldier as he put it, he said there was a black sheath, but he did not bother taking that, just the dagger as the sheath was attached to

Default My new NSKK dagger i picked up today.

Ok, i picked this up from a vet, he took it from the soldier as he put it, he said there was a black sheath, but he did not bother taking that, just the dagger as the sheath was attached to the body.

Over the years he had that leather sheath made up for it, to try and protect the blade.

I have a couple of SA, and NSKK sheaths for it in the safe.

And it was way cheap.

Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new NSKK dagger i picked up today.   My new NSKK dagger i picked up today.  

My new NSKK dagger i picked up today.   My new NSKK dagger i picked up today.  

My new NSKK dagger i picked up today.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new NSKK dagger i picked up today.
    P
    Many

Default Re: My new NSKK dagger i picked up today.

So, what would you all do, i have an NSKK, and a SA sheath for this, which one would you use for it, they both fit, and slide in perfectly.

The guy i got it from removed from a captured soldier, and he said he thinks the sheath might have been black.

At first he was sure it was black, but now hes not sure, but he is sure where he got it, and when.

Brian

Default Re: My new NSKK dagger i picked up today.

Hi Brian, I would keep it "as is". It has been that way for most of it's life and is an interesting talking point and it retains it's historical integrity. Adding a scabbard would make it just a "parts dagger".

Cheers, Ade.