Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

My new sa dagger

Article about: by pammy here is one i found on the web.. Pammy, It's a 1st type SA-Marine dagger with silver finnish, only the 2nd type has gold finnish to match the others naval insignias. Here is a text

?

Default Re: My new sa dagger

Steve,its not it looks like it was made that way?i will try to get more pictures but if you seen it inperson you would know what i meen.both sides are up not smashed it looks like the seam was made that way,i dont know ,you just have to take my word as i looked at it over and over .let me send another picture...you guys know better then me but looks like a bad mold job?well i gusse you are right .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new sa dagger
    P
    Many

Quote by pammy View Post
    Steve,its not it looks like it was made that way?i will try to get more pictures but if you seen it inperson you would know what i meen.both sides are up not smashed it looks like the seam was made that way,i dont know ,you just have to take my word as i looked at it over and over .let me send another picture...you guys know better then me but looks like a bad mold job?well i gusse you are right .
    They are made with a round ball on the end......

( I have a couple that are split at the seam a bit too, but they were bashed
    or dropped at some point to make them look like this. I hammered mine
    out to near round again. )

Regards, Steve.

?

you might be right,i will leave it at that .it looks like a seam but like you said i gusse its smashed thats why it has a plit/seam?thanks steve.if you seen it inperson you would know what iam trying to say,but we will just say its smasked as it still looks good to me.is this just a plain sa the scabbard looks dark/?

?

here it is?see the seam,i dont know maybe it was hit on a table?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new sa dagger  

If the scabbard is black it is a 'NSKK' (Motorcorps) model.
    Brown is SA, and were either painted or anodised.

Still a great dagger ......................!

Regards, Steve.

?

thanks steve,what do i know i gusse when they get hit they plit like that?thanks

Quote by pammy View Post
    thanks steve,what do i know i gusse when they get hit they plit like that?thanks
    If I get some time ....? !

I'll post mine for you............

Regards, Steve.

Nice early SA dagger.

It has been dropped, which is a common thing to see.

Cheers, Ade.

R.R
    ?

Dagger's scabards with smashed balls is a very common damage, they frequently droped on the floor and was damaged. Here is mine for example.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new sa dagger   My new sa dagger  

My new sa dagger  

My grandfather would tell me stories of how they would use their daggers to bang on beer hall tables, and that would cause the ball on the end to flatten out.

He said they would do it to call the bar maid for more beer, or when they would sing songs, or at rally's to make noise.

Brian

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast