Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My SA dagger C.Eppenstein -Sohne Solingen

Article about: Hello all, Finally got around to photographing my one and only SA dagger which is made by C.Eppenstein -Sohne Solingen with cross guard group marking HO. After all the hassles of getting it

?

Default My SA dagger C.Eppenstein -Sohne Solingen

Hello all,

Finally got around to photographing my one and only SA dagger which is made by C.Eppenstein -Sohne Solingen with cross guard group marking HO. After all the hassles of getting it through Australian Customs I'm extremely happy with it. I've wanted one since I was about 10 years old when I saw a repo in the local war museum gift shop. I begged and begged and I remember my father saying if you really want it, you'll wait until you can afford a real one. Here we are almost 20 years later. There are some minor age marks towards the tip of the blade which don't really show on the photos. I have tried to Simichrome them out, however I gave up as I didn't want to take any of the cross grain away. I would love an SS dagger but can't see myself getting it past the watchful eyes of the wife.

Alex

My SA dagger C.Eppenstein -Sohne SolingenMy SA dagger C.Eppenstein -Sohne SolingenMy SA dagger C.Eppenstein -Sohne SolingenMy SA dagger C.Eppenstein -Sohne SolingenMy SA dagger C.Eppenstein -Sohne SolingenMy SA dagger C.Eppenstein -Sohne SolingenMy SA dagger C.Eppenstein -Sohne SolingenMy SA dagger C.Eppenstein -Sohne Solingen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My SA dagger C.Eppenstein -Sohne Solingen
    P
    Many

A great example and your 20 year wait has paid off.

Very nice.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Fine dagger one to be proud to own. The wait paid off. Your father was right. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Very nice SA, I too would like an SS dagger but the price tag usually scares me away lol

Wow Alex you have done very well!! I love a success story which especially comes from a desire for do long. Outstanding dagger and producer!! Congratulations .... And small steps of victory for a tolerant better half Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

You did well to wait. The repro today would be worth Nothing and the example you have now is a Beauty and sure to hold and increase it's value! Nice pick up! Next one is an SS?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Alex,

Very nice early SA & well worth the 20yrs wait

Congrats!

Regards Mac 66.

Amazing that customs would give you grief over something that is smaller than 1/2 the butcher's knives around.

Nice SA dagger, definitely a keeper. Presumably customs wanted there 'taxes' ?

?

You've done very well
    Great example of an early SA dagger, nice marked with the Hochland Gau at its typical place!
    Wouldnt mind owning it

Cheers,
    Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast