Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is my sa dagger real? If so what year does it look like?

Article about: Hi I actually found this dagger, never bought it so if it's fake it's good I didn't waste money. Here are a few pictures of it

Default Is my sa dagger real? If so what year does it look like?

Hi I actually found this dagger, never bought it so if it's fake it's good I didn't waste money. Here are a few pictures of itIs my sa dagger real? If so what year does it look like?Is my sa dagger real? If so what year does it look like?Is my sa dagger real? If so what year does it look like?Is my sa dagger real? If so what year does it look like?Is my sa dagger real? If so what year does it look like?Is my sa dagger real? If so what year does it look like?Is my sa dagger real? If so what year does it look like?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is my sa dagger real? If so what year does it look like?
    P
    Many

Im not an expert but it looks good to me. Please tell... where did you "find it".

Salty and rough example but I don't see any red flags, was there a scabbard?
    Late RZM example, maker is WKC.

Bit salty for sure but a great find for sure. Might be something you can do with that blade to make it look better.

I actually found this up in my grandfathers attic. Didn't think anything of it for awhile until I looked it up and saw some of them. This is the only part I could find of the knife which really ***** but yea. But yea I'd love to shine the blade up.

- - ------- - -

What would be a good price to buy a scabbard at? I'd like to get one for this knofe

Hello Robert,

Welcome to the forum. If the dagger were mine i would give the blade a gentle cleaning with a light oil and a nonabrasive cloth rag and call it a day. Anything more and you could cause more damage to the blade than there already is.

Enjoy your piece of history!

Mart

Could say the wear and tear is appealing, in a way. Gives it a 'been there and done it' look.
    If it were mine, I'd probably leave it as is.

B.B.

Honestly, given where you found it, I'd keep it.

It having a special connection to a family member will always make a piece more special, adding sentimental to historical value.
    You mentioned it came from your grandfather's attic. Did he serve during the war and bring this back?

B.B.

As per forum rules we are not allowed to give price evaluations. I would suggest looking at other daggers for sale, compare the condition and draw and average value from there. Thanks.

?

I would say since you found it in the GF's attic. I would look for a scabbard and clean it up gently like Mart suggested and keep it as a family keep sake.

Was your GF in WW2 and if so, what service was he in?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast