Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Naked SA Dienstdolch

Article about: Hi Ade , that is very interesting and something i had`nt heard of , thanks for that info !! cheers Al

Default Naked SA Dienstdolch

Another new buy. Sadly this one is missing a scabbard. It is a RZM marked dagger. The crossguard fittings are still the earlier solid nickle ones and not the later zinc plated type.

The maker is RZM M7/73. (F u. A. Helbing, Steinbach) The etch is very light, so I am having a hard time trying to photograph it. Note the style of RZM logo used by this maker. The quality of their work was not brilliant.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Naked SA Dienstdolch   Naked SA Dienstdolch  

Naked SA Dienstdolch   Naked SA Dienstdolch  

Naked SA Dienstdolch   Naked SA Dienstdolch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Naked SA Dienstdolch
    P
    Many

HDTony
    ?

Default re: Naked SA Dienstdolch

Ade

Thankyou for another interesting dagger. Would this be an early "RZM" mark for this maker ? Perhaps they might have changed it at a later time. Your pictures do show how the quality is lacking compared to others that are posted. Sitll a very interesting example.

Tony

Hi Tony, as far as I know, they used this style thoughout their production run.

Thanks for the comments.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi Ade , that`s unusual to see the solid nickel fittings on an RZM bladed dagger. They were probably using up old stock at the time they constructed this dagger .

Hi Al, I suspect that will have been the case, as the wood to crossguard fit is good. Bit of a "swings and roundabouts" case with this one: you win on the crossguards but loose on the blade quality.

Cheers, Ade.

ade still a nice dagger i must have myself one

?

Ade not a bad RZM peice mate, keep a look out on ebay USA for a scabbard as theres sometimes a good few to be had on there to complete your SA.
    Cheers Scott.

I must say Ade,
    Although not the best quality on the etching, the blade appear's to be in very nice condition

Top work as alway's

Tom

Hi Guys, I have just discovered something very interesting about this daggers crossguards. I earlier mentioned in this thread that I assumed (always a fatal mistake in this hobby!) that they were earlier solid nickle? Well they are not. What they actually are is solid steel! I was advised to test them with a magnet and sure enough the magnet was attracted to them. This feature along with the poor quality etching work is a "trademark" of this particular maker. I am also advised that the scabbard fit on these is also know to be very tight.

Cheers, Ade.

Well Ade we all learn some new things every day
    I hope I get one of this knife's in my collection one day
    But there is so many things about this knifes you have to be carefull about and know about that makes it hard, if a guy like me is going to buy one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast