Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Name only ground Roehm dagger, with unusual marking....

Article about: I picked up this name ground only Roehm dagger and only just noticed this. Very light marked on the grip just above the crossguard is what looks like 47-68. Other eyes might see more!? It lo

Default Name only ground Roehm dagger, with unusual marking....

I picked up this name ground only Roehm dagger and only just noticed this. Very light marked on the grip just above the crossguard is what looks like 47-68. Other eyes might see more!? It looks like there could have been a 1 preceeding and I may be imaginining the hyphen! Any thoughts, does it bear any relation to an SA service number? Something from the folks that ground the name off? Not sure of history of this piece so possibly a museum mark? Musings and thoughts appreciated!Name only ground Roehm dagger, with unusual marking....Name only ground Roehm dagger, with unusual marking....Name only ground Roehm dagger, with unusual marking....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Name only ground Roehm dagger, with unusual marking....
    P
    Many

Hello WC can we see a pic of the reverse blade ? 2 photos are not enough

The scribble on the back of the grip can be anything and will not enhance the value whatsoever. I have had personalized SA daggers that the grips were marked scratched etc. None of which bumped up the value.

Show us the reverse blade please..this dagger looks like an Ernst pack type.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hello WC can we see a pic of the reverse blade ? 2 photos are not enough
    The scribble on the back of the grip can be anything and will not enhance the value whatsoever. I have had personalized SA daggers that the grips were marked scratched etc. None of which bumped up the value.
    Show us the reverse blade please..this dagger looks like an Ernst pack type.
    Regards Larry
    I don't collect daggers and won't be keeping this one, however I apologize if I lead ya'll to believe this was a value question, I feel the marking must be a part of the daggers history and that intrigued me. Here is a pic of the engraving, it's pretty standard to this dagger, but hopefully it will assist in figuring out the markings?! Your input appreciated, I wasn't sure of the maker!
    Name only ground Roehm dagger, with unusual marking....

With absolute certainty this dagger may have been produced by Ernst Pack as the SA Gruppe mark " Ns" ( Niedersachen ) is correct for this producer
    see below for list of producers and SA gruppe marks attributed to each producer.
    SA Gruppe marks known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers

The other markings on the grip could be anything at anytime. No worries WC ..you did not lead astray.
    The community of collectors here can work through what ever is put in text and find the truth mainly through photos.
    Thanks for posting.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill