Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New to Collecting: McSARR List...?

Article about: All, Since my first SA Dagger purchase last week, I have been tying to do a lot of reading and learning on German Daggers. In a lot of my findings I have seen the reference of the McSARR lis

Default New to Collecting: McSARR List...?

All,

Since my first SA Dagger purchase last week, I have been tying to do a lot of reading and learning on German Daggers. In a lot of my findings I have seen the reference of the McSARR list for rarity ratings. Is there a place where I can get a copy of this list? and what does one usually cost?

Thanks for the help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New to Collecting: McSARR List...?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Seminole1 View Post
    All,

Since my first SA Dagger purchase last week, I have been tying to do a lot of reading and learning on German Daggers. In a lot of my findings I have seen the reference of the McSARR list for rarity ratings. Is there a place where I can get a copy of this list? and what does one usually cost?

Thanks for the help
    Contact Michael McAlvanah nmcalvanah@centurytel.net It cost $19. May be more now.

?

a lot of collectors seem to value lists like McSarr made once.
    The list is for sure old and not acurate anymore.
    What was way back then pretty common can now be a pain in the ass to find.

Better Judge a dagger by its quality, as in Always prefer quality over rarity, quality Always sells, a bad conditioned rare maker hardly...
    If you a "maker" collector you will do what your heart tells you, other then that buy quality

Cheers
    Ger

I guess the list is handy if your a maker collector but does anybody collect by the maker anymore?

It wasn't so bad when things were readily available, but with so much junk about these days its hard to find models in collectible condition let alone finding certain makers.

Hi: Nice that you are interested in these daggers. buy books to learn something about this.
    In the book of Ralf Siegert (Die Dienstdolche der SA und des NSKK) is also a rarity list that is reasonably reliable.
    agree with the other guys the condition is for me also the most important, If he is rare too is that a bonus.

Regads Rafael
    Last edited by RafaelDaggers; 01-09-2016 at 08:42 AM.

We do have one available if you are still looking...
    https://www.lakesidetrader.com/item.php?ID=14355

I still think quite a few people collect makers, or at least prefer certain makers! Be it SA, SS, Heer , etc.

I agree also Bill..some collect by the producer logo..others like myself collect by the craftmanship associated with that logo.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Rafael,
    What books would you recommend? I have purchased Thomas Johnson's German Daggers of WWII: Volume 2 and could use something with more reading and educational information.
    Thanks

Hi the books from t Johnson you have are realy good. also :
    1 Exploring The Dress Daggers Of The German SS by Tom Whitmann
    2 The books from Ralf Siegert These are very clear and has big detailed pics.
    Welcome to the Frontpage

Regards Rafael
    Last edited by RafaelDaggers; 01-08-2016 at 04:29 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast