Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

NSKK Chain and dagger.

Article about: [ATTACH=CONFIG]1128126[/ATTACH] Hello, Bougth this dagger and chain from 450 euros , are they Original? Best Regards Tobias

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Tobias I can't for certain they are both fake. The grip fit to the cross guards looks good and perhaps the blade stands a chance? It was just an observation. The chain is imo suspect at best though. Are there any pictures of the scabbard? Best regards.

Brian
    Brian, there are some hope than i appreciate you taking the time, the dagger and chain came with this scrabbard
    not an original or maybe broken i dont know. NSKK Chain and dagger.NSKK Chain and dagger.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Chain and dagger.
    P
    Many

Hey Tobias no worries brother that's what we are here for. It appears to be a period scabbard minus the fittings, and altered to hold the chain. Which doesn't bode well for the chain being authentic. Best regards.

Brian

Brian

Larry! Thanks good news i took a close up now hope it helps.

Best regardsNSKK Chain and dagger.

I have compared mid to late period examples of the chains and so far not one has turned up having the DRGM and RZM number on the front of the snap clip ,,,also this clip does not resemble the typically seen oblongated type of snap clip seen here.

NSKK Chain and dagger. NSKK Chain and dagger.
    NSKK Chain and dagger.

The chain appears legitimate ..but want to follow up with a few more details.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Another close up picture , hope it helps.

best regardsNSKK Chain and dagger.

This dagger Tobias, is not typical of a late period NSKK leader dagger seen here as a 1939 production piece.

NSKK Chain and dagger.

I feel there is more going on with Chain and scabbard than its really worth trying to find a ray of sun light through it all.
    This dagger you show is parts mixed IMO with a repro chain clip ...and the added "O" rings and leather straps.

I will be honest.....and I dont like giving out values on daggers if I can avoid it..but this one ..I feel is worth what you paid for it and not worth within the 4 & 5 K range as what current market value is for decent conditioned NSKK Leader daggers.

You have a " Doll without eyes " so to speak....or more like hit by a car and pieced back together.

There is some SA history there within the dagger itself..but I can not attest the ensemble was ever together as an NSKK leader dagger. There just is not enough provenance to support the idea of this being NSKK.

Long story short..the dagger from what I can see is a later period SA dagger..with history
    The rest of it ...I can not support the ensemble being original to itself. I do invite more thoughts and comments on this dagger and topic and not let it soley fall on my analysis.

Not one for my collection ..and Tobias..my deepest apologies that I have picked this dagger apart..but this what we are here for is to study and extract the truth. The chain itself..Im still unsure of and some very good repros have been produced out of some of the eastern countries. If this chain ends up being authentic..that I congratulate you ..but thats all you would have is a chain and an SA dagger.

The scabbard as you can see had the fittings removed for some apparent reason or to pirate them for another scabbard.

Lets just say that you got lucky and this dagger was whole original ...you have taken a huge $525 gamble and won..without researching it..sometimes wins happen that way ..yet ..when our eyes capture our minds and leave no room for rationale ..the house wins ..and your left with an empty wallet and an investment which is less.

Study first in all ways bring questions here to be answered..never buy anything without researching it first..I found out the hard way with past relationships ...that T&A do not make a lasting relationship Live and learn.
    Give a read through some of the threads in the Forums search engine above right hand corner ..type in NSKK Leader dagger..and quite alot of threads on the NSKK leaders dagger will be there for you to read and compare.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry! thanks alot for all this info, and the time you took ,offcourse i still hope that the chain is authentic hope to
    get some other oppinions and you are rigth this was a gamble but i have been researching NSKK chain on internet
    from all the big dealers and i seen the prices around 5k so i could not resist the 500 $ bid, i will start study more
    and next dagger i will check with you guys here!

Best Regards Tobias

Do you know around what years the good repros came out from eastern contries you mention? i been emailing with the seller alot and he told me this one was bougth at an military auction in the US in the 80ies , he seems reliable from the emails i got, but offcourse they could have been selling repros there to, i really hope to find out some day!

Best Regards!

As requested.
    Ralph.

NSKK Chain and dagger.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello Ralph. what do you think about the chain?

Best regards Tobias

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast