Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSKK chained dagger

Article about: Hey gents. Found this dagger for sale and thought I should post it so that I and others could hear opinions and learn. The buyout price is 3.440 USD. The seller writes it is a "Eickhorn

Default NSKK chained dagger

Hey gents.

Found this dagger for sale and thought I should post it so that I and others could hear opinions and learn.
    The buyout price is 3.440 USD.

The seller writes it is a "Eickhorn Solingen M7/66 1939". But there is no picture of the back of the blade to confirm it.

NSKK chained daggerNSKK chained daggerNSKK chained daggerNSKK chained daggerNSKK chained dagger

Cheers,
    Jonas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK chained dagger
    P
    Many

Hi Joronas..something of a study..as the chain is questionable..and would like to see close up pics of the front of it. Check out this link here from which the photo below is taken from https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/sa-di...-sohne-187009/

Look at the link hole openings on the example you provided compared to Gerrits example. The link hole openings should be "D" shaped..your photo appears to be round holes. Something to look at..and study on some other threads here. There are plenty of Chained NSKK threads to read and choose from. If you can get better pics of the front of the chain..it would be best to help you. Regards Larry

The dagger itself appears to be good.
    Attached Images Attached Images NSKK chained dagger 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry.

Thats a good detail to remember, thanks!
    After looking on the Close up Picture of the chain I see that one of the holes arent even round, but more pear shaped.
    Not an error I think they would have let slip by when making such an item.
    Also, the rings connecting the chain and scabbard arent round which they appear to be on other chains.

Cheers,
    Jonas

?

Here are a few closeups for you to compare
    Clearly visible the Horse shoe holes for the chain links.
    Regards,
    Ger
    NSKK chained daggerNSKK chained daggerNSKK chained daggerNSKK chained dagger

The oblong chain link hole with the first example is probably an operator error by the one making the postwar (fake) copy. Even worse IMO are the cast examples which can have either type of hole depending on who and when they were made. Best Regards, Fred

What about the wear and color of the D ring of the dagger hanger? Doesn't seem to match any of the other parts.

What about the wear and color of the D ring of the dagger hanger? Doesn't seem to match any of the other parts.
    Perhaps taken from a SA/NSKK dagger to complete this piece?!
    And like with the blade, no picture of any markings.

Cheers,
    Jonas

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    It doesnt actually..but "D" ring belt loops are always added to bring up the value of the dagger.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you all for the info and thoughts on this piece.
    I learned a few important things and thats what I was hoping to do.

To bad the seller didnt provide more and better pictures of the blade and belt loop markings.
    Might be on purpose to cover up the fact it wouldnt add up...

Best regards,
    Jonas