Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

NSKK chained dagger

Article about: Hello guys, i bought this rcently and thought worth sharing, as some of you know ive been looing for one for a long time, this one i fell in love with hope you like it a little spidering on

Quite frankly, I'm surprised that Shea did not catch this. The first photo-of the 4 upper links- certainly looks like the plating is over uneven surfaces.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Here are a few Nickel plated loss pics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unspecified1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	946842 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unspecified2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	143.0 KB 
ID:	946843

Name:	unspecified3.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	153.2 KB 
ID:	946844
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Here is half an original chain i have with plenty of wear
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00183.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	197.5 KB 
ID:	946854   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00184.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	208.1 KB 
ID:	946855  

?

Ronnie please compare you chain links with the ones on this picture (my former NSKK E.P.& S. dagger)
    This picture shows in detail how surface, chrome and wear should look like, its up to you to compare this with yours and base upon these facts your own judgement, you have it in hand so the evaluation should be possible.

Regards
    Ger

Name:	nskk chain EPS.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	292.9 KB 
ID:	946853

Thanks Ger i took this dagger around Stonleigh military fair and showed it to some dagger guys/dealers all were good comments from it but when someone picks up on something like we have on here it irritates me that i may have "slipped up " LOl the residue you which pointed out on the chain is actually bubble / plate lifting, i purchased this from a well known dagger dealer here in the UK but to be honest i the whole patina on the dagger matches for me also the very inquisitve guys at the show its still bugging me now though i must admit the chain in hand looks very nice apart from the obvious, thanks again for the comments i will send you some pics Ger LOL ohhh Noooooooo (private joke for Ger & I )
    cheers for now,
    Ronnie

Has anyone ever heard of chains/daggers ever getting "re plated" in the period ? or is it looked on as post war?
    thanks again, cheers Ronnie

?

Ronnie if its re-plated then i would say its a postwar thing, its a late dagger, so why bother, they had bigger problems at that time, so i dont think a bit of plate loss would be a big concern.

Look if the rzm and the nskk markings got crisp sides, as they where stamped after the plating in the links, if the markings will be underneath the plating its re-plated

Cheers,
    Ger

Please Ron.....dont send me anymore pics..

Yes Ger 100% stamped onto the plating as should be, nice & crisp i will get my accounts done today when i stop jumping onto this forum, collecting daggers is an illness LOl

not even 1 photo
    thanks again, Ronnie

?

Hi Ronnie,

Very nice chained NSKK dagger !!

hard to say if the chain was re-plated or not going by your pix, looks very shiney compared to other chains ive seen on the net & posted here, hopefully its ok & nothing to worry over mate.

Cheers Mac 66.

If there was a replating service offered, I would say after 75plus years that the plating still would of at least dulled. I agree also with Ger that more important issues were at hand during those last years of the Reich.

Always good to see you here Ronnie Cheer's Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast